1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect all my devices to a PE5120

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by seb4213, May 15, 2005.

1. seb4213

seb4213
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, this weekend I purchased a BenQ PE5120 Home Cinema DLP Projector (with Free Xbox!), I'm sure you all know the connections it has so I wont bore you with them.

My question is, how should I go about connect it up to my devices, bearing in mind I want to keep the existing stuff connected to my TV.

I was thinking of doing it like this:

PC - DVI connection (Using a DVI splitter as my moniter is already using DVI)
    SKY+ - S Video
    PS2 - composite or is this :thumbsdow
    XBOX - might invest in the hi def and get it going through the components
    DVD - s video, of purchase another player and use hi def (although my current DVD player has a 5.1 amp built in )

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Sam

2. seb4213

seb4213
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Seeing that the Benq has a max resolution of 850 x 480, get a DVDO Iscan Ultra which wil put out that resolution (or higher with PAL sources, but downscaling should be ok with the projector) would be sufficient and offer most of these connections I believe. The Iscans Ultra come up for sale at 200 UKP or so on the forum.

4. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,367
    Or do what I did and converted my pc to an HTPC. Sweetspot card and Dscaler and then feed my devices into that via a scart switch. Then Its only DVI-D out to the PJ
    Thats way you dont have to settle with pants svid or composite signals, Your lowes t will be RGB.

DVD from the HTPC will be superb

Downside is that its a fiddlers dream (& nightmare lol)