Best way to connect a Philips TV (70PUS9006/12) with a Soundbar (TAB8805/10) and Play-Fi satellite speakers (TAW6205/10)

Hi all, first post here :)

I decided to buy the 3 products in the title, as I thought that it would be easy to link them together, but so far I couldn't find any guides online.

What I want to know is what is the best way to connect a Philips TV with a Philips Soundbar and the 2xPhilips Satellite Play-Fi speakers to get a correct surround sound experience.

What I've tried and results

Connect all 3 speakers using Play-Fi through the TV
  • Very long delay in changing the volume through the TV remote
  • Not sure if the sound quality is as good as when connecting the Soundbar with HDMI e-arc?
  • No way to set up the speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • Regular drop outs. Sound stops every now and then for few seconds.
Set all 3 speakers as Surround Sound using the Play-Fi Android App. Then connect the TV to the Soundbar through Play-Fi
  • The Satellite speakers don't seem to work at all.
Best solution so far: Connect the Soundbar to the TV using HDMI e-Arc and the Satellite speakers to the TV using Play-Fi

• No full control of the satellite speakers. Even when I turn the volume to 0 through the remote, the satellite speakers still play sound.
  • No way to set up the rear speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • The Satellite speakers and the Soundbar don't seem to be audio synced. Can't find a way to set a delay or any relevant setting.

poxymoronic

Standard Member

I decided to buy the 3 products in the title, as I thought that it would be easy to link them together, but so far I couldn't find any guides online.

What I want to know is what is the best way to connect a Philips TV with a Philips Soundbar and the 2xPhilips Satellite Play-Fi speakers to get a correct surround sound experience.

• Not sure if the sound quality is as good as when connecting the Soundbar with HDMI e-arc?
  • No way to set up the speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
Set all 3 speakers as Surround Sound using the Play-Fi Android App. Then connect the TV to the Soundbar through Play-Fi
Best solution so far: Connect the Soundbar to the TV using HDMI e-Arc and the Satellite speakers to the TV using Play-Fi

• No full control of the satellite speakers. Even when I turn the volume to 0 through the remote, the satellite speakers still play sound.
  • No way to set up the rear speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • The Satellite speakers and the Soundbar don't seem to be audio synced. Can't find a way to set a delay or any relevant setting.

Hi. I'm of no help, I'm afraid, but I am considering the same TV. Just wondering what you think of it? Thanks.

kniknax

Standard Member

Did you find a solution to this? I trying to set up surround speakers with the same Soundbar, but can't get anything to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom