Best way to connect a Philips TV (70PUS9006/12) with a Soundbar (TAB8805/10) and Play-Fi satellite speakers (TAW6205/10)

CharlieChatz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here :)

I decided to buy the 3 products in the title, as I thought that it would be easy to link them together, but so far I couldn't find any guides online.

What I want to know is what is the best way to connect a Philips TV with a Philips Soundbar and the 2xPhilips Satellite Play-Fi speakers to get a correct surround sound experience.

What I've tried and results

Connect all 3 speakers using Play-Fi through the TV
  • Very long delay in changing the volume through the TV remote
  • Not sure if the sound quality is as good as when connecting the Soundbar with HDMI e-arc?
  • No way to set up the speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • Regular drop outs. Sound stops every now and then for few seconds.
Set all 3 speakers as Surround Sound using the Play-Fi Android App. Then connect the TV to the Soundbar through Play-Fi
  • The Satellite speakers don't seem to work at all.
Best solution so far: Connect the Soundbar to the TV using HDMI e-Arc and the Satellite speakers to the TV using Play-Fi

• No full control of the satellite speakers. Even when I turn the volume to 0 through the remote, the satellite speakers still play sound.
  • No way to set up the rear speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • The Satellite speakers and the Soundbar don't seem to be audio synced. Can't find a way to set a delay or any relevant setting.

I decided to buy the 3 products in the title, as I thought that it would be easy to link them together, but so far I couldn't find any guides online.

What I want to know is what is the best way to connect a Philips TV with a Philips Soundbar and the 2xPhilips Satellite Play-Fi speakers to get a correct surround sound experience.

• Not sure if the sound quality is as good as when connecting the Soundbar with HDMI e-arc?
  • No way to set up the speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
Set all 3 speakers as Surround Sound using the Play-Fi Android App. Then connect the TV to the Soundbar through Play-Fi
Best solution so far: Connect the Soundbar to the TV using HDMI e-Arc and the Satellite speakers to the TV using Play-Fi

• No full control of the satellite speakers. Even when I turn the volume to 0 through the remote, the satellite speakers still play sound.
  • No way to set up the rear speakers, so not sure if the TV knows that 2 of my speakers sit at the back of the room.
  • The Satellite speakers and the Soundbar don't seem to be audio synced. Can't find a way to set a delay or any relevant setting.

Hi. I'm of no help, I'm afraid, but I am considering the same TV. Just wondering what you think of it? Thanks.

Did you find a solution to this? I trying to set up surround speakers with the same Soundbar, but can't get anything to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom