1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to clean a Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Froggins, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Froggins

Froggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone suggest the best way to clean a Plasma, i have a PE30 37" and my niece has put her grubby hands all over it and dirted the screen, pls help!!

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Any soft cloth and some diluted detergent should do the trick. It has to be a soft duster, though, because some can put fine scratches in the screen. If you're near a PC World store, they do screen cleaner wipes that are supposed to be very good.

3. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mrs Techno uses some wipes which she buys to clean her spectacles - she has expensive coated, super thin thingies and can't see a flying :censored: without them so she's as careful with them as she is my screen:D

Can't remeber the name of them but they're in a sealed pouch, a bit like those hand wipes you get in KFC.

4. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My youngest used to frequently plaster his sticky little mits over our plasma :eek:

I used water, from the kettle (filtered), on a soft cloth. If the marks were tougher I used warmer water. Never used detergents personally. Always polished it after with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Thankfully, after you could never tell the horrors that were there before :)

5. sparrer

sparrer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Down under, computer stores have wipes which are meant for laptop screens - a 2/pack containing a wet paper towel to clean, then dry with a dry towel.

They are a bit small for a 42"plasma, but do the trick.

6. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Microfiber cloths are perfect for cleaning screens. Tesco sell some nice soft ones for about £1, buy 2. With a (very slightly damp MF towel wipe the screen and then use the dry one to buff.

BTW, MF towels are perfect for removing polish or wax from your car and cleaning windscreens etc

7. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip. That's a lot cheaper than the usual optician type cloths I use!

8. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The MF towels were designed for use in 'clean rooms' in the electronics sector. I import mine from the USA :)