Best way to capture someone interfering with my car

leafy211

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have the joy of a thoughtless neighbour in my block of flats, who insists on using my car as an ashtray. Every day several cigarettes and/or cigars and streaks of ash are dropped/flicked down onto my car, rather than being disposed of properly. One of my windscreen wipers has even melted very slightly!
There are three flats above my car and I need to determine which one it is the culprit before the management company will lift a finger to help (or indeed before I can try and solve myself). I was thinking about disguising a camera in a box or suchlike, in my car to prevent it being at risk of being stolen. And also possibly pointing another camera from my flat window (from inside) to cover another angle. I need to try and catch the butts falling onto my car and determine from that which window they are coming from (Im 99% positive I know but need to prove it). So to see the butts i assume id need a decent resolution. Any thoughts or ideas would be so hugely appreciated as its been going on for far too long and its driving me insane. Ive spent far too much money and time getting the gunk washed off my car and want to somehow make this disgusting behaviour stop. Thank you! :)

decent dash cam with a power pack ?

nextabase have just released a 4K resolution dashcam it's not cheap but is supposed to be very good
you could either wire it to permanent live in your car or pair it with one of the many battery packs on offer

pointing at another persons flat however is a different kettle of fish altogether and could be interpreted as voyeurism
to avoid that as long as it is pointing at the building in general and not at a pacific location you might be ok as long as this is done from a public place

good luck...

thank you so much - your advice is very much appreciated.
:)

How did this turn out

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom