Question Best way to calibrate my TV

GoldenSW

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering what would be the best way to calibrate my TV given the situation:
I own a MU8000 Samsung LED TV (called MU9000 in the US) which is 80% of the time connected to a HTPC. I don't have a colorimeter yet, but regarding the price, x-rite i1 display pro is as far as I would go, but only if it's worth it. Another option I considered is the colormunki display. I also need to calibrate other 3-4 monitors, so no, I'm not buying it just for the TV.
I've read that displaycal would be very reliable paired with the i1 display pro and I would get the best of both software & hardware worlds. Searching the web, I found posts about CalMAN, but I can't afford it and HCFR, which people said is quite hard to use. Thoughts on these?
Are there any other options you can think of?
Thanks a lot!

Hi, I am wondering what would be the best way to calibrate my TV given the situation:
I own a MU8000 Samsung LED TV (called MU9000 in the US) which is 80% of the time connected to a HTPC. I don't have a colorimeter yet, but regarding the price, x-rite i1 display pro is as far as I would go, but only if it's worth it. Another option I considered is the colormunki display. I also need to calibrate other 3-4 monitors, so no, I'm not buying it just for the TV.
I've read that displaycal would be very reliable paired with the i1 display pro and I would get the best of both software & hardware worlds. Searching the web, I found posts about CalMAN, but I can't afford it and HCFR, which people said is quite hard to use. Thoughts on these?
Are there any other options you can think of?
Thanks a lot!

The i1 Display Pro retail version comes with software which can be used to calibrate the monitors.

I suggest the free version of LightSpace for the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom