Best way to buy Saw films in HD (upgrade from DVD)

Y2JON

I’ve finally come to the point where I want to re-buy most of my horrors in HD, but as much as I love Saw, it seems the most frustrating franchise ever for transfers & versions! I currently own the first 7 on UK DVD in the best version possible (director’s cut where applicable, otherwise extreme edition). I’m happy to buy films on iTunes to watch on my Apple TV 4K, and it seems this is the only place in the UK to get the director’s cut of Saw 3. It seems, however, that a lot of the early films are just DVD uoscales here. I’ve even read that Saw 2 is only 1080i on Blu-Ray!
So, am I better buying them all individually on Blu-Ray, iTunes, or just getting the new Legacy box set and be done with it (while ignoring that some of the versions are cut down)?!
Any help would be great!

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
I had all the individual releases but also picked this version up last year:

Saw: The Complete Movie Collection Blu-ray | eBay

Region A but all films (bar the atrocity that is Jigsaw) in a single case (space is at a premium!!!) and all films digitally as well (playable back in Flixster in the UK) for £17. Audio is lossy Dolby Digital, not lossless on later films in the other sets and individually, and they cram a couple of films onto a couple of discs but picture quality doesn’t seem to suffer when I compared against the individual discs......

If you’re region free, I’d plonk for this one.

Y2JON

Thanks for the replies guys! I’m definitely leaning a lot more towards the physical releases now. Unfortunately I play my Blu-Rays on a PS4 Pro (I know, I know!), so I don’t think I’m able to go region free. I agree about space being a premium sometimes! Audio I’m not as bothered about as visuals, as I only have a modest Yamaha YAS-93 soundbar. Still sounds great to me, but it’s only standard Dolby Digital sound, nothing too exciting.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom