1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to block lighting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nsl2178, Jul 23, 2004.

1. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to put a projector in the main room and there is a widow about 6 feet long and 3 feet high. In my other room I block out lighting pretty effectively with black out curtains but I was just wondering if there was another way to get the room really dark, because this only gets the room semi dark. Thanks.

2. zamwessell

zamwessell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I bought some blackout material at cut it of the exact shape my window frame recess and bought some white velcro and attached it to the frame and to the material.When i attach the material in place i get total blackout.

I have stood in the room for over 5 mins to let my eyes adjust and i still could not see a thing in the room..it is pitch black.

The material and velcro cost me £15

3. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Did exactly the same. Bought it all from John Lewis for about £10 the frames are white so you dont see the velcro.
    Had to use superglue on the actual material because the weight was always pulling the velcro off.
    But it does acheive near dark effect.

Chris

4. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I've put my projector screen in front of the window, this completely blocks out any light. And best of all it was free!

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Close fitting black out blinds from Hillary blinds. Completely usable in broad daylight now and no messing around.

6. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ....I still can't get the image of that 6ft by 3ft widow out of my head...<shudder>

(sorry ;) )

Ian Guinan

p.s. the first law of doing something like this is that I introduce another typo here.....

7. sjb

sjb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got the same problem - one window 10' long x 5' high and 3 windows 4'wide x 7' high :eek:

I've ended up buying remote control motors for roller blinds from " simply automate "

Just got to find blackout fabric - think i'll have to have a join in the biggest blind .

Should be tidy when it's done :D i should be able to get the blinds to come down whenever i put my projector on using a pronto control.

sjb.