Best way of hanging a dry mounted picture.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered a few large prints, mounted on foam board, but not sure whats the best way to hang them.
I'd rather spend as little as possible, and dont really want to put batons up first so im looking for some cheap ideas.

Cheers.

Not very heavy at all so what about Bluetac/Bostik doublesided sticky pads ?

Jim

Thanks Jim. That was my first thought but the wall they are going on has a that wood chip paper on it so I don't think tape would work too well.
Of course I can use a piece of string and a nail but I was hoping to mount them so they are parrallel to the wall rather than having the top slightly further out.

Doesn't really answer your question directly...but I see a lot of exhibition prints here in France mounted on Dibond and a nice finishing touch I've seen a few times is that little stand-offs are glued on the back near the corners made from, for example 1cm dia dowel. Sometimes a shorter piece is glued a little north of centre to take a mounting point - I don't know if similar principles will work with foamboard. My guess is the stand-offs would be OK as they aren't load bearing but not so sure about the mounting point. Maybe worth experimenting a little?

Thanks Jim. That was my first thought but the wall they are going on has a that wood chip paper on it so I don't think tape would work too well.
Of course I can use a piece of string and a nail but I was hoping to mount them so they are parrallel to the wall rather than having the top slightly further out.

Those little Pads are quite flexible so I don't think that moulding to the woodchip would really be an issue ? - cheap and cheerfull to give them a goi I suppose :)

Jim

Cheers guys.
Colin, thats a good system but probably more work than i was hoping to do.

Jim, your right, its worth giving it a go so i might go with the bluetack first as i have some of that already.
The prints wont be here until the end of the week so i have time to investigate further but i think as they are so light it wont be a problem.

Ah thanks. Im sure we have these at home somewhere. My GF tired to put up a large canvas with them and it fell down....a few times lol. We might have some left.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom