Best way of connecting 2nd TV?

Cupart

I have a spare SKY box (PACE DS430N) which I have hooked up in my living room currently only used for Radio (on a Sky Gnome). I'd preferably not want to move the box as my dish's are all grouped in a non movable spot in the garden and the LNB cable is at it's max length.

So, the TV I want to hook up to this spare receiver is approx 25-30 meters away (cable length wise) and was wondering what would be the best way of doing this without spending a fortune? I guess a magic eye would be part of the setup so I can change channels from the TV I want to hook up...

Is there some kind of RF (or maybe even SCART) to RJ45 adapter and would it work?
Or maybe somekind of wireless connection (that actually works and gives a good picture - or at least as good as it get's with RF)? Have read that some of the Scart - Wireless connections are not very good...

Any ideas what-so-ever would be highly appreciated :smashin:

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I have a spare SKY box (PACE DS430N) which I have hooked up in my living room currently only used for Radio (on a Sky Gnome). I'd preferably not want to move the box as my dish's are all grouped in a non movable spot in the garden and the LNB cable is at it's max length.

So, the TV I want to hook up to this spare receiver is approx 25-30 meters away (cable length wise) and was wondering what would be the best way of doing this without spending a fortune? I guess a magic eye would be part of the setup so I can change channels from the TV I want to hook up...

Is there some kind of RF (or maybe even SCART) to RJ45 adapter and would it work?
Or maybe somekind of wireless connection (that actually works and gives a good picture - or at least as good as it get's with RF)? Have read that some of the Scart - Wireless connections are not very good...

Any ideas what-so-ever would be highly appreciated :smashin:
It's not clear what you want to view on your remote TV. Assuming it's also terrestrial plus the channel you have the sky box tuned to. You connect the terestrial aerial to the sky box rf1 in. Run a coax from the sky box rf2 out to the remote locatioin, connect this cable to the magic eye in and the magic eye out to the TV. This makes available at the remote TV any digital channels you have access to using the remote TV's digital tuner, all the existing analogue TV channels plus the sky output (defaults to ch 68) using the remote TV analogue tuner. The sky remote will control the remote sky box over the coax link. To pass the same signals to the local TV connect the sky box rf1 out to this (via any other kit you may have)

Cupart

Hi grahamlthompson,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is not the actual setup but what cable to use without breaking the bank as the TV is about 25-30 meters (cable length) away from the receiver. Would like to know what options other than RF lead would/could be...

The Sat receiver is just to feed TV signals to my 2nd TV set at a different location in the house.

Thanks

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi grahamlthompson,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is not the actual setup but what cable to use without breaking the bank as the TV is about 25-30 meters (cable length) away from the receiver. Would like to know what options other than RF lead would/could be...

The Sat receiver is just to feed TV signals to my 2nd TV set at a different location in the house.

Thanks
Apart from a coax link the best (but more expensive option) is to use a pair ao AV baluns and cat5e network cable

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom