1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way forward.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lighty, May 10, 2005.

1. Lighty

Lighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    i currently have a denon dvd-a1 and a simht200dm

it's possible i may soon move from the 848x480 sim to a 1280x720 dlp, but only with analogue input/output......
    i also may keep the sim for now depending on a couple of things (well one actually WAF :smashin: )

should i - :rolleyes:

trade the a1 for an a1xv with all that sparkly processing and 720p?
    trade the a1 for a cheaper player + a scaler?
    keep the a1 and buy a scaler?

i think the a1 uses the sil504 so its pretty good but i am unsure which way to go

any help would be appreciated :)

sean

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    Lighty

With one eye on which Projector you may migrate too I'd definitely go with an external Video Processor as a more flexible/powerful way forward.

If you happy with the sound you get from your DVD player I see no reason not to use it as a Transport to deliver a signal to a Video Processor - if your keen you could consider a Processor with an SDI Digital Input and have your Player modified to provide an SDI Output.

Best regards

Joe

PS Best to Avoid sparkly processing - it tends to distract from the Movie after a while!!!