Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best way forward.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lighty, May 10, 2005.

1. Lighty

Lighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    i currently have a denon dvd-a1 and a simht200dm

it's possible i may soon move from the 848x480 sim to a 1280x720 dlp, but only with analogue input/output......
    i also may keep the sim for now depending on a couple of things (well one actually WAF :smashin: )

should i - :rolleyes:

trade the a1 for an a1xv with all that sparkly processing and 720p?
    trade the a1 for a cheaper player + a scaler?
    keep the a1 and buy a scaler?

i think the a1 uses the sil504 so its pretty good but i am unsure which way to go

any help would be appreciated :)

sean

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,085
    Lighty

With one eye on which Projector you may migrate too I'd definitely go with an external Video Processor as a more flexible/powerful way forward.

If you happy with the sound you get from your DVD player I see no reason not to use it as a Transport to deliver a signal to a Video Processor - if your keen you could consider a Processor with an SDI Digital Input and have your Player modified to provide an SDI Output.

Best regards

Joe

PS Best to Avoid sparkly processing - it tends to distract from the Movie after a while!!!