Best water cooling system

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sted, Apr 28, 2005.

1. sted

sted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My recently built media center pc is in a tv cabinet and although it's got holes in the back it's getting bloody hot in there. I'm starting to think that the only solution is going to be a water cooling system where the pump is out the back of the cabinet. Does anyone here use water cooling and if so can they suggest a good one? It's got to fit socket 775 . . .

p.s any other suggestions would be appreciated as well . . .

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I have a water cooled PC at home.

The Zalman is a decent enough soloution as its passive but it may be a bit intrusive into your living room and is not the best performer out there. The asetek waterchill kit is a good place to start for the beginner as it has everything you need and can be upgraded over time.

Other kits are available from different manufacturers. American style big bore cooling can be found at www.coolercases.co.uk. Paul the owner of cooler cases is a good guy and their customer service is excellent.

The european small bore cooling is my preferred choice and i run an aqua-computer set up. AC stuff is expensive but is the finest quality watercooling gear available. Alphacool are also very good and have a range of passive radiators which would be ideal for a HTPC set up. Both AC and alphacool are available from www.wizarddesigns.co.uk which again has some of the best customer service around.

KustomPCs also sell AC stuff but i would be a bit dubious of their knowledge and support as there was few errors on the listing of the AC gear last time i checked. It was a bit pricy too.

I think Usm might be referring to the Pro-Cooling forums which tends to attract the watercooling fanatics and they can be very scathing of the beginner. Wizard designs have a very friendly and informative forum and the bit-tech.net forum is also a good place to start.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    I've had a reserator for a while now and its been great but you have to keep it on the same level as the PC pretty much.

5. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think they are trading anymore from their home page message

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Temporary haitus and normal service will be resumed shortly. :D I'm an active member on the wizd forums and Pug, the owner, had to move premises due to personal reasons but should be open again soon hopefully.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also recommend Danger Den. I've been using their CPU/GPU & Northbridge blocks for ages.....great performance & reliable.

They supply everything you need but I personally source pumps/tubing/rads etc. locally (or make my own!).

:smoke: