1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best warranty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gazgits, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi im completely new to this plasma lark but was wondering what sort of warranty i could expect to get for a new plasma. I have read some posts that stata a 5 year warranty. If this is true where is the best place to get such cover.
    Thankyou

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Not many do a 5 year warranty for free, John Lewis do, and by all accounts their warranty service is very good. You can of course buy extended warranties from other suppliers but they can be expensive. It's for this reason why so many people try and get JL pricematches.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before you buy from anywhere either to buy an extended warranty or even because you are getting five years for free!
    JL are meant to be OK for service especially considering it's free but their service isn't anything extra-special.
    Some companies may extend your warranty but would still expect you to pay for sending the item back etc or they may make you wait weeks for the unit to be sorted and leave you without anything.
    At the other extreme you get some companies who may charge extra for their service but will send an engineer to your house to repair the item, if it gets taken away a loan set would be left, if it can't be repaired it would be replaced and may cover extras like accidental damagae etc..
    So check EXACTLY what is (and isn't) covered for free or for your extra payment.

4. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Great advice there, thanks for your advice

Gaz

5. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out this thread on extended warranties.

As it happens, I getting the TADL 2 year extension with my purchase from AV-Sales. They gave me a discount on the £199 listed price as well. This is for a basic warranty with swap out - no accidental cover. If you need that it's probably cheaper to do it on your household insurance.

Mark

6. Cart

Cart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought my Pioneer HDE434 from JL for the free warranty. 3 months ago to purchase a 5 year warranty could cost up to £1400.

Andy