1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Wall Mount for Panasonic TH42PV500?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by barryp, Oct 3, 2005.

1. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered a TH42PV500 (yes JL, expensive at least they have stock...) and am looking for a wall mount for it.

Any suggestions on a good (easy as possible to put up) wall mount for it and who might have stock?

It will be flat mounted to the wall, no need for tilt/swing.

Any thoughts?

Barry

2. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The universal ones will fit with spacers (45mm).

I found the best one was from RGB direct, as it tilts UPWARDS, so when you have you plasma on, you can hook it on the top bar and tilt it up to get your cables connected easier, It is £140. name: RDPF1

The plasma sticks out approx. 140mm.

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=102399

3. p196

p196
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I followed Mal's advice and chose this over others including Pana's own (Thanks, Mal).

I bought mine from www.audiovisualonline.co.uk for £90.
    (The model number is PF1.)

4. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick replies.

The PF1 looks good, three quick questions before I go ahead and purchase one

1. Are there any extra bits I need to buy if I have the Pana Plasma and the Bracket (raw plugs, spacers, screws?). It is bolting to an outside wall?

2. Is it possible to mount the screen with one person or do I need to get a friend in to help? Not sure how easy the brackets fit together and how heavy the Pana is...

3. How many of the bolts did you use to mount it to the wall?

PS: JL Say they are delivering the TV on Monday :)

Barry

5. NIB

NIB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi
    Managed to find same mount on ebay for half the price.
    So maybe worth having a quick search.

Will require at least six bolts/plugs to mount, try any diy store for heavy duty hanging bolts. Outside wall should be solid.

No way will you be able to mount single handed unless you are very strong - approx 45K plus need to line up hanging bar. :eek:

6. willsmeister

willsmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

if you don't require tilt and want a slim profile have a look at the RS100 bracket - you can get them on Ebay or Amazon - Amazon being the cheaper option.
    Fixings wise - homebase do some heavy duty screws by Plasplugs that come with the rawlplug on them for about a fiver for ten. The more you put in the less stress on each.

As for putting the plasma up yourself there is no way you will be able to line up both arms of the bracket unless 1.) you are extremely lucky 2.) you are 7 feet tall and built like arnold...

7. George a L

George a L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    JL Edingburgh dont have any stock, but there website says it has and when i phoned them they said they didnt have any so have u recived yours :)

8. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi George,

I rang JL on Monday (having been let down by Empire Direct) and they definitely had them in stock (I double checked) and they have arranged delivery for next Monday (9am to 1pm) so I hope it is going to turn up, otherwise :mad:

Barry