Best VPN?

Folanfas

Novice Member
Reaction score
Best VPN, what do you think? Need a good VPN, but I can not choose.

I used to use unblock us years ago, never had any issues, I think the best around is nordvpn

I use Nord VPN, seems OK and pretty cheap if you go for the 3 year option. Can connect 6 devices at once, so use it for 2 phones, 2 tablets and our android TV box.
Has enough features to enable a fair bit of control, but is easy enough for the novice (like me) to simply set and forget.
I've sent them a couple of emails and their support is very good, answering back within 24 hours.

Nordvpn all the way. Stacks of servers and more importantly there's very little reduction in speed unlike alot of others.

What do you mean by "best"...?

E.G. Cheapest, quickest, customer service, evasion of geo locking, cryptography, etc. etc.

NordVPN! Remeber to set it up on your NAS (if you have one). Very happy customer. 24 hour support chat as well. Highly recommended!

Another vote for AirVPN. 1st class support. I’ve used them for the past 3 years and I’ve just signed-up for another 3. You should be able to find a voucher code for them online to save a few quid.

After several others, NordVPN for sheer ease of use and multiple device support (and price)

Another +1 for NordVPN :). Very fast, & user friendly software for noobs or experienced users alike. Their kill switch is very reliable & you can even add specific apps to immediately shut down if the VPN connection should drop. (Connection loss is rare with Nord but it's nice to have the features available just in case ;).)

Their 3 year subscription is an excellent deal & heavily discounted. Support is also outstanding & their 24/7 live webchat is incredibly handy if you have any questions or require immediate assistance as well.

IPVanish are fast too but their kill switch isn't reliable at all & it's not as comprehensive as Nord's. I experienced very frequent connection drop outs with IPVanish too. Thankfully I was just paying monthly for 3 months to test their service before committing to a longer term subscription that I would have been stuck with.

I use Nord VPN and for the most part they are very good. Customer service is excellent. That said i have had 2 occasion recently where their VPN has let me down.

1 when i was in Dubai and wanted to make facetime calls and they couldn't manage it but are working on a solution. I actually ended up with a free VPN and managed to make FaceTime audi calls with no hassle.

The second the other day when i wanted to download a series on Amazon prime while at work (US ISP) and the geo location let me down.

Both times i have been on to customer service which was excellent and they tried to help but sadly no solution.

I use Windscribe here. I managed to get a voucher on Stack Exchange to discount the cost of the subscription.

Comes with apps for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac to manage the connection and also have it setup on my QNAP NAS for downloading. It also has specific servers for Netflix to overcome location restrictions that, to date, I haven't had any problems with in Netflix detecting that I'm using a VPN (which the standard selections seem to suffer from).

I use Windscribe here. I managed to get a voucher on Stack Exchange to discount the cost of the subscription.

Comes with apps for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac to manage the connection and also have it setup on my QNAP NAS for downloading. It also has specific servers for Netflix to overcome location restrictions that, to date, I haven't had any problems with in Netflix detecting that I'm using a VPN (which the standard selections seem to suffer from).

I use Windscribe also, got a deal like yourself. Use regularly with no issues.

My deal with CyberGhost came up, now the primary is NordVPN. I prefer the UI and how CyberGhost works, but NordVPN does seem to be doing its job with limited interaction so it is fine.

I use mine predominantly for connecting to non-trusted networks. So being able to whitelist networks and automatically enabling VPN when not connected to those is pretty nice.

Been using VPNunlimited for the past 18 months with no issue or I haven’t notice any reduction in speed. I had a great deal lifetime membership for around £50 which I still around I think

Nord, simple, easy and pretty good! :)
No brainer

After the revelations that Nord VPN has been hacked, can anyone recommend another VPN at a reasonable price? I live in the Isle of Man and am having problems accessing Amazon Music HD using the HEOS app on my Marantz 7011. My service provider has suggested using a VPN to get round the problem.

These guys are by far the best I have ever used which is why since a friend put me onto airvpn I have been with them now since 2011

They might cost little more then others but you get what you pay for and these even allow port forwarding on the web site so no messing about.

If still unsure just take out their 3 day or even 1 month sub for few $

Air VPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

Are there any free VPN setups out there?

I know there are the ones that just give you a different location, but the one I mean is where you can actually remote into your network from a remote location?

Are there any free VPN setups out there?

I know there are the ones that just give you a different location, but the one I mean is where you can actually remote into your network from a remote location?

Yes but you should stay well clear of them the whole point of a vpn is secuirty and this is a place the free ones cut corners also the speeds are poor you get what you pay for.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom