Best VPN?

I did it like you said and changed my DNS, and I install NordVPN
but when I check the router it is still shpowing me my IP and the other staff
not like yours 000000 and null
Use something like this to check what's your external IP, and compare to the one router shows.

Hi,
What did you choose, in the end? I think depending on what's you need, you can get different answers. I mainly use them for streaming and I can say that some VPN are not compatible with certain applications (some of them are unable to connect to Netflix US, for example). Another important thing is security, I use to work in coffee shops and I needed one to get access to public networks, and from there on couldn't stay without it.
So my advice for you is to get one soon if you didn't and choose based on what you value the most.
Cheers

Last edited:
I went with Nord.

Tried many over the years . Found SurfShark excellent and no problems with viewing content in other countries etc

Hi folks - I'm thinking about a VPN. What are the key benefits from your experience and knowledge? Nord seems to be the favourite. Main uses will be on my laptop, android phone/tablet and an amazon firestick for Netflix, Prime etc.

Thanks in advance.

I use SurfShark .. into my 2nd year and no problems with "blocking" when watching /streaming from Netflix , Prime and the like , unlimited devices also .

Be warned if you wanting geo-unlocked then no VPN is 100% reliable despite what they may claim. I use PIA and it's as good as Nord or Surf shark or any of the other premium VPN. They should all be able to get a couple of hundred mb download as well.

Hi folks - I'm thinking about a VPN. What are the key benefits from your experience and knowledge? Nord seems to be the favourite. Main uses will be on my laptop, android phone/tablet and an amazon firestick for Netflix, Prime etc.

Thanks in advance.
I use Nord and haven't had any problems. I also use their password manager.

Be warned if you wanting geo-unlocked then no VPN is 100% reliable despite what they may claim. I use PIA and it's as good as Nord or Surf shark or any of the other premium VPN. They should all be able to get a couple of hundred mb download as well.
I was with PIA .. had problems with prime and Netflix .. I was forever changing settings .. Got too much of a chore.. I renamed it to Pain In A$$

Torguard sell "streaming" or "sports" VPN add on IPs but these are quite expensive. They lease these from regular ISPs in whatever country you're interested in.

I use SurfShark .. into my 2nd year and no problems with "blocking" when watching /streaming from Netflix , Prime and the like , unlimited devices also .
Hi - I've tried Prime with Surfshark and their website is detecting the vpn and preventing access to programmes. I've used various US locations to no avail. Any thoughts?

Hi - I've tried Prime with Surfshark and their website is detecting the vpn and preventing access to programmes. I've used various US locations to no avail. Any thoughts?
What are you using to watch Prime etc .. Have you tried to update the App ? .. Works for me , I used NY and connected fine last night .. I enable a VPN before I even connect to internet , not during a session as it sometimes can be picked up . Their support is very good , you could always go livechat . I had a few "teething" problems when I first used it .. No problems since
I have heard Ivacy VPN is good and its around £35 for 24 months

What are you using to watch Prime etc .. Have you tried to update the App ? .. Works for me , I used NY and connected fine last night .. I enable a VPN before I even connect to internet , not during a session as it sometimes can be picked up . Their support is very good , you could always go livechat . I had a few "teething" problems when I first used it .. No problems since
I have heard Ivacy VPN is good and its around £35 for 24 months
Thanks and I will try later today. I was logging in via chrome on an android tablet. I'll also try via my Firestick once I've added the surfshark app. Did you log into Amazon's UK website with your account password? No success with Netflix as well.

Thanks and I will try later today. I was logging in via chrome on an android tablet. I'll also try via my Firestick once I've added the surfshark app. Did you log into Amazon's UK website with your account password? No success with Netflix as well.
I just use VPN on my shield and P.C's . I don't have to log in with PW or details etc . I just click on the app/s in windows or shield . As long as the vpn is active before starting the apps , you should be fine . I dont stream onto a tablet or phone . I just assume its the same

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom