• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

best video sender

unomomento

Standard Member
guys
Whats the accepted best way to setup a video sender to work with sky+ from a second room? and any recomendations on the best gear?

I understand it can be setup to use the skart sockets on both the sky box and input tv to give a better signal? and then use a magic eye via the rf cable? can the fr cable be taken out of the equation at all to avoid cabling?

cheers!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
That's the whole point of using AV senders, where you can't or don't want to run a cable.
Most of them come with an infra-red sensor allowing remote operation...you don't need the TV link.
Take the advertised operational distance with a pinch of salt.
Buy from the likes of Argos where you can return it if it's unsuitable.

C

centrepin

Are there any particular brand names which can be recommended ?

I saw a Thomson unit a while back

I am planning to get one to send my Sky signal to my bedroom from downstairs
Ta
Cp

M

mikeyt110

Just put on another thread also
PHILIPS VL1200 does the job for me. No cables, no mess, and control the main downstairs box using the remote in your bedroom - it sends the signal back to alter the channels etc etc.

Check argos, good electrical retailers, or if you're really daring, ebay.

Check out PHILIPS SLV 3100 on ebay - must be the updated version!

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom