Best video performance - UK or US Xbox?

crawf1982

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning to hook an xbox up to a projector and want to make sure I am getting the best video performance possible.

Which version - UK or US - will give me this?

From reading other posts I am aware that I want to get the proper Microsoft Hi-def pack with component and optical cables.

I have only been looking at the xbox for a couple of days so far, but here are the other features that I wish to exploit:

HDD upgrade
The ability to get set up on Xbox Live
The ability to play copied games
The ability to play games from the UK and US

The mod service on this site looks pretty good:

http://www.baldbouncer.co.uk/xbox.htm

Will the xecuter2 lite modchip with the switch be the way to go?

Many thanks,

Dave

yeah he is a good person to buy it from , definitely get a 120gig drive in it though, cause it soon gets filled ;)

it doesnt matter whether it is uk or us because you can run videomode selector to switch between the 2.

probably best to go with the uk for power supply reasons, having said that if you want to get all the latest games from the states for live then maybe best to go with a US machine.

wow!!! that cleared it up nicely :rolleyes:

what I mean is, the Live kit will work on either machine, but obviously you have to turn the chip off to go online, so you may find that you prefer a US machine to get the Live games nice and early.

I have heard rumours that the PAL live kit won't work on US XBoxes. Apparently the US one will work on PAL boxes tho. Bloody M$ and their stupid region crap :(

My advice... go for a UK box modded with the X2 Lite from Bald Bouncer - he's reliable and quick. Get a switch so you can turn the mod off, and if you replace the harddrive, make sure the new one can be locked so your xbox will still boot with the mod chip switched off. And make sure you do plenty of home-work - xbox-scene.com is a great place to start. I'd also recommend a Slayer auto install disk - again, do your homework and you'll find out all you need to know.

I modded mine a few weeks back, and frankly the difference is amazing. The XBox goes from a cool games console to a kick-ass home entertainment centre. I'm really really glad I sorted it out :)

yeah if you do put the drive in yourself make sure it can be locked.

I got a wd 120 gig one because there were reports that these were ok , but i had to return 3 before I got one that locked, all the same model drive btw.

luckily I knew someone at pc world. and they were £108 so after shipping could of only saved just over a tenner anyway.
so buy it locally and tell them you need to lock it and say that you will return it if you cant.there is a drive compatability table on xbox-scene forums.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom