• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Video Making Software for Mac

RussWWFC

Established Member
Righty Ho.

I've got a load of clips in various formats (MP4/AVI/MPEG) that I want to combine into one video. Between the clips I want to put still screens with captions/writing on as well as a music backed photo montage at the beginning.

I have iMovie 10 on my Mac, this did the job nicely when I made a music backed series of photos with captions and was reasonably easy to use.

However, the range of video formats that it supports is very limited and as a consequence I can't input all but a few of my video's. I'd rather not have the hassle of converting them all, so is there an alternative?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
You will have this problem with pretty much any software on a Mac. They really only like MOV wrappers. Best bet is to get a convertor program to change it all to MOV. You can bulk convert everything to the same format, frame rate, etc. This will make the editing process smoother and easier as well.

Far cheaper than a new edit package.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom