best version of dantes peak

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by 7 of 9, Sep 27, 2002.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need some help which is the best version of dantes peak r1 normal or r1 dts or will there be a special editon with extras and dts track, also should i buy mummy returs r2 or will there be another special edion like what universial did whith the first film: the mummy, whith more extras and a dts track, whith is the best version of daylight, sound wise dolby or r1 dts i have read reviews of both on dvdfile.com and dolby sounds like the best but not sure, will there be a special editon of volcano with extras and dts track

2. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dante's Peak depends if you want extras or DTS
    The collectors only has DD but superb extras which are missing from the DTS version. There were rumours that Universal US would release Ultimate versions of these titles (Daylight, 12 Monkeys, Apollo 13, ...) as 2 disks with one having the film with DD, DTS and commentary and the other the extras. Nothing seems to have happened with this for over a year.

Mummy Returns has same extras in R1 and R2 but as we have DTS then its a 2 disk. There were rumours of an Ultimate version in US with either cinema or DVD release there of Scorpion Ling but again nothing. If you want DTS then go for Australia R4 as identical to UK (extras + DTS) but theirs is uncut. Ours is missing a headbut the BBFC bugbear. This is because Universal UK wanted as a 12 rather than uncut 15.