Best VCR with Library System?

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie and I would be grateful for advice on a replacement VCR as my old one was sold by a junkie for £20 (without my approval BTW).

I really just use my VCR for recording and playback, no fancy editing stuff. The real benefit I think I can see from a new VCR is the tape library thingy. Could someone recommend one with a good tape library system? I don't have a budget and would prefer something at the top end of the market as I plan to keep it for a while.

From reading previous posts there seems to be different opinions, I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

JVC HR-S9700.

Very good DVD-like picture, even on EP mode.
The Library sistem records all the info exept the name of the program.....

Regards,

I really just use my VCR for recording and playback, no fancy editing stuff. The real benefit I think I can see from a new VCR is the tape library thingy. Could someone recommend one with a good tape library system? I don't have a budget and would prefer something at the top end of the market as I plan to keep it for a while.

Have you thought about getting a TiVo?

you can get a TiVo for £99 from www.unbeatable.com and then pay £10 per month or £200 one off subscription. This will give you TV listings and all programs are recorded with time/date prog name/channel info. This is far better than the 'library thingy' on any VCR.
Output to TV is RGB, therefore picture quality if better than VHS/S-VHS. The unit will control any $ky/Cable/DTT box as required, or just uses internal tuner.

Just in case you have not realised, I LOVE TiVo:D
It changes the way you watch TV. No more adverts. No more live TV. Etc. Etc. Etc.:)

Originally posted by MarkE19
Have you thought about getting a TiVo?

I have old tapes that I would want to watch and that's the reason that I wouldn't go for just a TiVo. I was thinking of also getting a TiVo but since I don't have a conventional phone line I'm not sure if this leaves the TiVo with little functionality?

What do you think MarkE19?

Originally posted by 4810510
I have old tapes that I would want to watch and that's the reason that I wouldn't go for just a TiVo. I was thinking of also getting a TiVo but since I don't have a conventional phone line I'm not sure if this leaves the TiVo with little functionality?

What do you think MarkE19?

TiVo does need to be connected to a phone line to get the EPG/software updates:(
Without phone connection TiVo will be just like a VCR with manual timer setting only.

Thanks for the help guys, I've gone for the Panasonic NV-FJ780BS. The tape library system is excellent for my (very basic) needs.

Thanks again.

Andrew

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom