Best value for money top quality HD bluray player

SOUNDSTYLE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I need to get a top quality bluray player for a soon to be completed home cinema.

I've not kept up to date with the latest releases and am wondering what is great value right now, but I want the best.

The Panasonic UB900 seems to be the one but at a price.

I'm not interested in 4K (can get one in a few years time) so I'm wondering if there is a HD bluray player that is as close to the UB900 in image quality, but for less money?

Do you want a blu-ray player or a UHD blu-ray player, if it's a UHD player you are after it might be worth holding out for the panasonic UB700 due to be released later this year it will sell for around £400.

What a about a 2nd oppo 103 ?, there's been a few pop up in the classifieds lately.

Do you want a blu-ray player or a UHD blu-ray player, if it's a UHD player you are after it might be worth holding out for the panasonic UB700 due to be released later this year it will sell for around £400.
I just want a top quality bluray player.
My Sony PJ won't be able to play 4k.
I did read about the Panasonic UB700 and was thinking about it but it doesn't come out for a while, the only difference being in the audio part compared to the UB900.

What a about a 2nd oppo 103 ?, there's been a few pop up in the classifieds lately.
Something to think about.

Sony BDP 7200?

Sony BDP 7200?
It has very good reviews, but then I'm thinking, can it be as good as I want it to be for such little money £169? Can it really be that good. Why would anyone pay any more?

Maybe a demo is the answer and you should be able to find one left in a Sony Centre, for instance...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom