Best value for money 55 inch tv £1000 or less

babingo93

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

was just wondering what peoples takes where on the best bang for buck tv you can buy for general overall viewing. Bit confused when it comes to TVs - ive looked at the sony bravias and a few samsung 2020qled models like this one

what would peoples recommendation be?
any input is appreciated

thanks a lot for reading

Hi all,

was just wondering what peoples takes where on the best bang for buck tv you can buy for general overall viewing. Bit confused when it comes to TVs - ive looked at the sony bravias and a few samsung 2020qled models like this one

any input is appreciated

thanks a lot for reading

Best value and quality would be Sony XG9505. This is the worse time to look at 2020 models as all are full price, so wait until Black Friday onwards to start getting them at a more reasonable price.

Hi all,

any input is appreciated

thanks a lot for reading

As LCDSeeker said xg9505 is best buy for a 55 at the moment.

I recently bought one and really impressed with picture quality, both John Lewis and Richer Sounds still have them in stock.

Try to get an outgoing 2019 OLED if you are going for 55". A close second is the Sony XG9505. If you can get the 65" XG9505 even better.

Cheers thanks for the reply people appreciate it
@Dodgexander what do you think about the lower end oleds such as the B9/ Phillipsoled55754 - I’ve read that the Phillips is less prone to burn in compared to the LG models. And how about a lower end QLED like Samsung q80r series?

Just which one is best value
Thank you

They are included in my guide here: My best value TVs, 2019-2020 Edition

I really recommend them.
The Philips when reviewed was using a 2018 OLED panel from LG, whilst the LG B9 a 2019 one. They made adjustments in 2019 which should theoretically help with longevity.

I haven't read anything to suggest Philips are less prone to burn in. They use an older panel on the 7 series and they don't have logo dimming as a feature like the LGs do.

A QLED like the Q80R is not to be compared to an OLED. Its not a new technology. Samsung just market their LCD TVs as "QLED" they are in fact just LCD TVs..the same LCD TVs have been selling for years.

In terms of picture quality the Q80R is close to the Sony XG9505. If you can buy a 65" version of these TVs its a good compromise to make compared to a 55" OLED. You'll also see these two TVs in my guide.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom