best value 32" LCD?

A

Analog Kid

well, here we are. I am about to try to make a decision about buying an LCD TV. I want 32" (but my wife thinks 26" is TOO BIG!). Digital Direct are listing the Bravia 32S 2530 and 32S 2510 @ £622 + delivery, but I have not read many reviews about his set on this forum. My mate has a 26" bravia 2010 and it looks great to me, but I really like the look of the Toshiba - either the 32C3030 or the more expensive (is it worth the extra?) 32WLT68.
I am relying on you guys.....so come on! Tell me what is the best set for around £600 at this present moment. I have been looking at ALL the websites mentioned on this (trusted) forum and trawled all the prices, but PLEASE tell me what is the best set for freeview + upscaling DVD

I think the three Toshiba sets offer the best value for money at 32". The earliest model WLT66, the higher spec'd WLT68 (it has one more HDMI input) and the newest 32C3030.

I would price the first two and see if you can get them within your budget. Both five star performers with both freeview and an upscaling DVD player. I love my Tosh 32WLT66 and wouldn't swop it for the world.

My advice - check your budget, your viewing distance and then sample a few sets in the flesh to get a feel for them. having said that, the average sized TV has grown over recent years and 32" widescreen LCD is certainly not huge for anyone's front room.

it does depend what you want it for tho.... i had the wlt66 and it was a good (great) budget tv, however if you plan on pc gaming then its not so good, as you want a set which can do 1:1 pixel mapping.

personally, i would go for the S2500 over any of the tosh sets as it has the 2 hdmi's fantastic pic quality and 1:1 mapping over vga.

Thanks for the advice. I have been impressed with the picture quality on the Toshiba sets, even in 'showroom conditions' with a lesser signal going through it.

It's just a case of making my wife realise that 32" is about the smallest to go for, as 26" wont give any real benefit when viewing movies in widescreen!

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom