• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best value 1080P 24FPS Plasma/LCD

tuscan74

Standard Member
Guys

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Panasonic pv500cab (1080i) to a 1080p/24fps set

Just after your advice on what is currently best value for money, I dont really have a budget as I could go all the way for the Pioneer Kuro, but dont want to spend two an half grand if theres a set out there delivering what I need for £800, if you know what I mean!

My set up - Sky HD, Sony BD30 Blu-ray player, Onkyo 605, KEF2005 Speakers

Thanks in advance!!!

sorry, forgot to say im looking for 50"

Last edited by a moderator:

badbunny

Standard Member
Go to some shops and have a look at TVs at different price points within your budget. The differences are pretty clear if you spend a little while looking at them (my Mum can see the differences, so I'm sure you will!).

The Kuros are widely acknowledged as the best picture quality TV you can buy currently. But "best value" is a judgement call that only you can make, especially if there is no limit on your budget. For me, paying a lot more for a Kuro was worth it. I'd suggest you audition at least the following sets though, and having looked at them decide if the extra money is worth it for the more expensive models! Happy hunting !
- Sony KDL50-W4000
- Panasonic TH50PZ800
- Pioneer PDP5090 / KRP-500

Pete.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom