Best UST projector at the moment?

SP00KY

I've just started looking at this and so far have found the following:

• Samsung LSP7T - around £2,380
  • Optoma CinemaX P2 - around £2,600
  • LG HU85LS - around £4,300
  • Samsung LSP9T - around £4,875

Has anyone tried these? Any thoughts on these models or alternatives that I have not seen yet?

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Is gaming a requirement? If so the Epson EH-LS500 has the least input lag, at around 20 odd m/s.

Im seriously tempted.

SP00KY

Is gaming a requirement? If so the Epson EH-LS500 has the least input lag, at around 20 odd m/s.

Im seriously tempted.
Mostly movies but my girlfriend goes through stages of gaming and we've got a PS5 and Xbox Series X (I usually use the Xbox apps for watching TV).

The LS500 looks good value. I wonder if the others have better sound and picture quality (I'll be using whatever sound the unit has).

SP00KY

Ordered the LSP9T and a Vividstorm ALR UST screen. I'm very tempted to get the HDFury Vertex 2 after seeing some of the discussion on here.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Where from, how much? Which screen?

SP00KY

Where from, how much? Which screen?
I'm in the Czech Republic now so I ordered from Vividstorm with a motorised 100" screen. It cost around £6K in total.

The screen will be delayed one week to get a black one instead of white but that will give me the chance to see if I could manage a bigger screen size.

The LSP9T is currently around £4,900 from them (5,699 EUR after the 5% discount on their .eu website). If you get in touch you can get a deal on the package.

If you're paying import costs then it's not going to be such a good deal, although I believe they have a UK warehouse (eBay store) so perhaps there's something they can do.

I've no idea if you can get a better deal in the UK at the moment.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
I just ordered the LG from Amazon Warehouse, listed as “good“ condition for £2042, which is a good price. I also picked up a 100” Vividstorm electric rising from the classifieds earlier today for a good price.

looking forward to trying them out (still gotta convince the missus to allow me to move the room about yet!).

Looking at 2 x Besta TV units, which total a width of 2400mm, which I plan to cut out a section off the back and top panels, to house the screen flush, so hopefully hiding it.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
I ordered the VIVIDSTORM on Amazon to work with the Epson EH-LS500 and I was so surprised. As expected, professional projectors should be equipped with professional screens. I recommend you try it to know the difference with the ordinary screen

My LG turned up today, opened it up, the box had a little bit of damage to to it but other than that it was packed well. I inspected the unit and the remote control and both are absolutely spotless, pristine in fact. So so far so good, as not booted it up yet.

It was listed as "Good" on Amazon Warehouse, not "very good" or "like new" but its immaculate and at almost 50% off the price of new. Fingers crossed it operates ok.

Will try it later with the Vividstorm 100" floor rising ALR, hopefully it will look as awesome as I am hoping.

£2042 for the LG HU85LS and £700 for the screen, I have hopefully got a bargain and lots of future movie night enjoyment.

Pulse1

Im seriously tempted.
Also both the Epson EH-LS500 and EH-LS300 LCD UST Projectors play 24hz Film content at 24hz with no judder etc. They don't convert 24hz and 50hz content to 60hz like most if not all the other DLP UST Projectors do.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom