1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best under $1500 projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by newyorkunit, Feb 6, 2005.

1. newyorkunit

newyorkunit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Looking to buy an inexpensive pj (under $1500) for my living room 15'x20', one picture window (5'x5') in living area near where I would mount a pull down screen and one smoaller window in the dining area. As you can see ambient light will be an issue. Anyone have a similar setup that can recommend a pj?

2. cruising60

cruising60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Our TV room is 15 x 20. I purchased an Infocus X1 in October 04 for $799.00 and have it attached to a $59.00 Panasonic DVD player purchased from Walmart and to my Cox Cable HDTV receiver. I have 2 25' component cables running from the two sources to my X1 that attach via the Component to Vesa adapter. The screen is a 5' x 5' Apollo Tripod Screen that I purchased for $150.00. I can't tell you how beautiful the picture is from both the dvd's and the tv. We only have about 5 stations in HD on our cable box but when we tune into any of them we can really tell the difference in the picture. We watched the Super Bowl this past weekend and the picture was great. It was not in HD but you could still see details that were not viewable on our 32" set. The Tripod screen was the only one available at the time in our area but I am very satisfied with it. Set up is very easy and can be done in less then 3 minutes. We store it behind the door when we are finished with it. I purchased the X1 from our local Circuit City store and have also used it to show pictures at our daughters wedding. We have 3 windows in the room with shades and curtains on them and do not have any problem viewing the screen with the lights off. The walls or painted an off white and we did not have to make any changes. There are many retail outlets that will let you return it within 15 to 30 days if you are not satisfied. If you are unable to get the X1, I believe the newer Infocus projectors are available for about 899.00. I'm sure they will be just as good.

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Don't bother with the X2 or the X1a though as they are both a step down from the X1. The infocus screenplay 4805 is the successor to the X1 and one of the best budget projectors, in the DLP camp anyway.

4. newyorkunit

newyorkunit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!! Just purchased an Infocus sp4805...will let you'll know how it looks when it arrives and I get it setup. :thumbsup: