Best UK Xbox deal ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Mr.D, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    OK I'll plump for one of these buggers next month.
    Anyone have any idea as to where the best overall pricing/deal combo can be found.

I'll be wanting at least the console and Halo and RGB scart lead ( I'm assuming its not equipped with one out the box that would be way too easy)

I'ev found a few places doing a Halo type deal with an extra second party controller ( which I don't want as I'd rather have the microsoft ones than a poorly made knock off) but I can't find any reference to an RGB scart lead.

Any suggestions people ?

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm after the same info mate!

You should try Gameplay.com - they seem to be the best. Extra controllers supplied are official, one of their bundles is the console, 2 controllers and any game for £350 and they do have scarts etc...

I was wondering however, how would I achieve Dolby 5.1 for the games which carry digital? Will there be an optical output? I looked briefly on the back of a US maching and there didn't seem to be one??

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,459
    Mr D
    Your spot on when you presume it wont have a scart lead supplied but check out Amazon.co.uk here and they are also doing a package of X Box incl extra Official Controller plus Halo and Dead or Alive 3 for £396.

Tee
    Fibre Optic again at Amazon for £8.99.

Si

4. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tee,

The optical out is on a splitter from the better av connection packs. I believ the RGB scart connector will have the optical socket on it.

5. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Xbox comes with a Scart Lead, and the Scart Section can be removed so you have 3 Composite Leads (the Scart section is just an adapter with three Composite inputs)

I think you are getting confused with the Avanced Scart Pack which you do not get.

The Back of the Xbox has a single A/V Output, however its a custom Xbox port where you will need to buy A/V Packs to plug in to this port.

If you buy the Avanced Scart Pack this has a small box with optical ouput on it.

Regarding deals, I have not seen any deals that are worth a mention.

Anne

6. Force Field

Force Field

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dabs.com are selling the X-box (on pre-order) for £289.04. Check it out
    Force Field

7. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned: