1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best (UK) Progressive DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by eros_temp, Dec 23, 2002.

1. eros_temp

eros_temp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a new player to complement my 42" plasma screen. Can anyone make any recommendations? I originally started looking about 6 months ago but there seemed to be a niggling fault of one kind or another with each of the players that were around back then - chroma bugs, etc. Ideally I'd like it to be PAL progressive and < £1000.

Thanks.

e.

2. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There is the Phillips 963SA which there's a great long thread about in the DVD forum. It's difficult to get hold of in this country at the moment as it's only just been released but should retail for around £350. The PAL Prog is via a remote control hack (as is multiregion).

The few guys who have managed to get one are pretty impressed.

3. drdm12345

drdm12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the messages on DVD players as well regarding Limit 9000 SE from RS for £199. Does Progressive PAL and NTSC and it looks the part too with its fully metalic case. No sign of plastic exept from the remote

4. sharon

sharon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want PAL progressive out of the box, I think I'm right in saying there is only one option and that's the Arcam DV88+. I've had mine for a month or so now and it's a truly amazing piece of kit, plus it's better with CD's for music than any DVD player I've heard.

Sharon

5. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fortunately not anymore. The Limit 9900SE is PAL progressive scan out of the box. If you want NTSC progressive scan from an R1 disc you need to input the remote control hack to make it multi region. But mine came also multi-region out of the box....

Just echoing DRDM12345, take a look at the Limit 9900SE it has got the performance, style and availability for a mere £199.

Jean-Paul

6. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    If I had £1000 to spend on a DVD player Arcam would get it.