Quantcast

Best TVs for the Olympics

Jenz

All great but quite large. Can we have a suggestion in the 49-50inch bracket?

Toon Army

Thanks for the article - Any chance of doing one for the Commonwealth Games and a commensurate budget which will be nearer my price range? The recently announced Sony XD83/80 series will be a potential target in my case.

geogan

Attention TV manufacturers, looking at this list, the very first thing I would have to do before anything else, is remove any curved screen from my shortlist.

So that leaves the Sony or the Panasonic. Now I have read a lot that the Android system is not very good on a TV but the 75" size is great, so the Sony interests me. But I also like the Panasonic, so it would be a case of seeing them in action and deciding to choose between them.

Most I paid for a TV was £4400 years ago for a standard definition 50" Sony LCD back-projection model and I learned a hard lesson in depreciation when that went to exactly £0 over the years (still have it) so it would take some perfect TV for me to part with that much again for another TV.

PC1975

b0redom

Well, currys have the 58" 902 for only £2199 now and the LG OLED C for £2999. That's a pretty massive difference in price. Is OLED really worth the extra 800 quid?