Best TVs for Sports? - article discussion

Sony's motion tracking on their LCD/LED sets was top dollar even back in 2007.My then humble w5800 set had 100hz and critics raved at the fluidity of motion with no jerkineses.
Now with 800hz motionflow interpolation the limit or lower ...perfection.
But even without it the current cheaper Sony sets acquit itself well as older Sony e.g Kld w5500 sets as could be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony KDL42W829 has no motionflow options and it's not 800Hz.Motion resolution is just 300 witch I don't think is good for fast moving scenes.Agree about 50'55-inch

The Samsung H4500 should be superior to the Panasonic X60. I have the now discontinued F4900, on/off contrast 20000:1 (0.0068cdm^2 black level) and ANSI is 5500:1 (0.014cdm^2). Shame none of these professional review sites bother looking at them. The only downside of the H4500 compared to X60 is lack of Freeview HD tuner, not an issue if you already have a Freeview HD box or Sky/Virgin.

contrast.png

ColorcheckerSG.PNG

Last edited:
I had the 50 Sony w829 after my Samsung 46f6670 failed and I was able to return it.

However the colours weren't great on the Sony everyone looked Ill and I watch a lot of football and the ball would squash when kicked, tried lots of other settings, the picture was clearer, no DSE or anything, kept it a week and got a 46f7000.

Much better, better colour, better motion, better picture.

Disagree with the AS650. Returned a 55" due to too much DSE on football.
Replaced with a 65" Sony W955 and this has visible banding.

Luckily I got a 55" Panasonic VT65 plasma that I use for sports and moved the Sony into the other lounge.

In my experience the Plasma set is better in every way to the other 2 LCD screens that I've had.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom