Best Tv under £400 40/42/43 inches required

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by soulsurvivor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello,

I am looking a new set for my mother and would appreciate your opinions and recommendations.

The TV will be used mostly to watch poor quality SD broadcasts on sky. There is a large west facing bay window adjacent to the TV.

I had recommended the Panasonic st30 for PQ but the budget can't stretch to it if 5 year guarantee and new TV stand are accounted for.

In the evening the room is brightly lit by a flourescent tube so am not sure if plasma is the way to go since the screen may appear too dark for her?

What do you think... If you need any other information, please ask I will do my best to answer accurately.

Many Thanks
    SS

2. russ331

russ331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
  3. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469

Very good set but may have problems with strong light.

If the lighting is too bright for plasma the Sony KDL-40CX523 has a good review Phil saying its good for SD though warns of viewing angle limitations, something thats going to be there with a budget LCD. http://www.avforums.com/review/Sony-CX523-KDL-40CX523-32CX523-40CX523-LCD-TV-Review.html Below budget here http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sony/bravia-kdl32cx523/sony-kdl32cx523

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011