Best TV to watch football match

Danieltay

Novice Member
Reaction score
Need help to find the best value tv for football watching.

I bought a Panasonic and returned it recently due to severe vertical banding and dirty screen effect(dse).

I am looking for a tv with minor if not free from dse and banding(meaning good screen uniformity).

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Hi there. I see you also posted in the KS7000 thread asking about the same. Well I recently owned a KS8000 though it had to go back due to a mark inside the screen.

What I can say about the uniformity on that model is that it was absolutely exceptional. I watched some football and rugby on it and DSE & banding was non existent. I've honestly never seen such a uniform screen on an edge-lit LED LCD. I was seriously impressed.

If you take a look at the KS8000 thread, you'll find many owners saying the same. I can't imagine the KS7000 is that different, though I've not looked at the specs for each, so I'm sure you'd be fine if you opted for that though if you could stretch to the 8000 then I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

Alternatively you can look at OLEDs, which are very uniform (I own an LG E6) though of course they come at a hefty price (I think my E6 was about £900 more than the KS8000).

Thanks for the reply.

If not is mistaken, KS7000 model in UK is known as KS8000 in the US.

If money not an issue, I would grab KS7000 anytime. But my actual budget is half of the KS7000 price.

I am in Asia, and the KS7000 cost over $5000 in my country's currency. So you guys in US and UK are very lucky getting it so cheap considering our everage income is much lower. So you guys earn more yet pay less, we earn less yet pay more.

If someone can suggest a lower price tv with good if not decent uniformity, it would be great.

Maybe you should ask it more clearly and try again here: Which TV Should I Buy?
No size indication, no budget indication? In what country does any KS7000 cost ~$5000 USD?? In Brunei and made out of gold? :D (and Pauly is talking about the euro KS8000 = US KS9000 as the model he owned)

Maybe you should ask it more clearly and try again here: Which TV Should I Buy?
No size indication, no budget indication? In what country does any KS7000 cost ~$5000 USD?? In Brunei and made out of gold? :D (and Pauly is talking about the euro KS8000 = US KS9000 as the model he owned)

Please read properly, the $5000 as mentioned in my post is in my country currency.

Main purpose is to watch football match and I need one with good screen uniformity. So nothing wrong with the title.

Size is max 55" but 49" and 50" is ideal.

If you're able to contribute, please share.

Please read properly, the $5000 as mentioned in my post is in my country currency.

Main purpose is to watch football match and I need one with good screen uniformity. So nothing wrong with the title.

Size is max 55" but 49" and 50" is ideal.

If you're able to contribute, please share.

Your title was 'Best TV' and your question is about the 'Best Value TV' ;). And you wrote it's $5000 in my country's currency (without mentioning what it is so you would think it's the equivalent of $5000 USD in your country's currency). And now we still don't know but I assume it's SGD ...
Probably the best tv would be the Philips OLED but it's hardly the best value tv ... And at half the price of a KS7000 you should probably look at the few remaining Full HD models (I wouldn't want a non-100Hz model for football).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom