Best TV for PS5

pcpaul

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Having read through some of the threads about what to get for my sons PS5 I think I've correctly narrowed it down within our budget range to these 2 below:-
Sony BRAVIA KD49XH8505BU
LG 49NANO866NA

Assuming/hoping I'm not miles off the mark, can anyone advise if there are any significant benefits of one over the other please?

Thank you in advance for any help

Paul

Have you seen: My best TVs for next gen gaming 2020-21 ?

I'd suggest trying to stretch to the LG 48CX OLED or Sony 49XG9505.

If you have a more limited budget you are probably best considering the Hisense U7Q instead since it can get brighter than both the models you have picked out, which to most people is more important than HDMI VRR or 120hz.

Thank you, I'll check out your thread.
On the 120hz he's convinced he needs it and HDMI 2.1, where as I haven't a clue :)

Last edited:
If 120hz and HDMI 2.1 is a priority above all else go for the Nano86. Just be sure to game in SDR only, not HDR.

If 120hz and HDMI 2.1 is a priority above all else go for the Nano86. Just be sure to game in SDR only, not HDR.
Thank you for your help, I got him to read your advice and look through your thread and we're going for the Oled CX model.
Could you help me with one other thing please?
The 48" LG Oled48CX5LC is ÂŁ1475 but the LG 55" Oled55CX5LB is ÂŁ1299. I compared them on the LG website and they appear to be the same spec' but it doesn't make sense that the 55 would be cheaper.
What am I missing?

Thank you for your help, I got him to read your advice and look through your thread and we're going for the Oled CX model.
Could you help me with one other thing please?
The 48" LG Oled48CX5LC is ÂŁ1475 but the LG 55" Oled55CX5LB is ÂŁ1299. I compared them on the LG website and they appear to be the same spec' but it doesn't make sense that the 55 would be cheaper.
What am I missing?
Supply and demand?
Or is the 48” C model newer? However, JL suggests they are both 2020 models but that the 55 has been discounted already (55s tend to get bigger discounts at Black Friday as they are sold more)

Last edited:
Supply and demand?
Or is the 48” C model newer? However, JL suggests they are both 2020 models but that the 55 has been discounted already (55s tend to get bigger discounts at Black Friday as they are sold more)
I did wonder if it was supply and demand, and checking LG website showed both as 2020 models. Wasn't sure if the LB or LC had any bearing :)

Its normal for smaller TVs to be more expensive than larger, one of a few reasons to consider 55" as a minimum nowadays.

I have gone for the Sony XH90 (55 inch model). I really wanted the LG CX and I could afford it but this TV will be primarily used for gaming and my son has clcked almost 800 hours over the last year on Call of Duty and plays a lot of Fortnite, with the HUD being quite static for those games which increases the chance of Burn-In, I decided to go for the Sony.

The LG is a better TV and if you are not going to be playing a lot of hours on games with huds like COD then go for it.

Hi - What are issues/limitations of the HDR mode on the Nano86 TV?

They aren't specific to the Nano86, but any lower end LCD TV. No decent local dimming and poor peak brightness.

Hi again,
Really sorry about this, I waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but the oled55CX5LB never came down and has now gone up ÂŁ100 :)
If I could ask one last thing before I commit?
Is the oled55CX6LB not as good as it's over ÂŁ200 cheaper?

Hi again,
Really sorry about this, I waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but the oled55CX5LB never came down and has now gone up ÂŁ100 :)
If I could ask one last thing before I commit?
Is the oled55CX6LB not as good as it's over ÂŁ200 cheaper?
They are the same TV. Difference is aesthetics.

I wouldn't game on an OLED if someone paid me, you'll have to babysit the TV constantly from burn in (speaking from experience - Bad experience) they look pretty but their totally useless in gaming households.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom