Question Best TV for me in c£800 price bracket

Czandmarms

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for a new TV, but am struggling to find one that ticks our boxes. We have a relatively small living room and one of the seats has a side on viewing angle. We have a budget of around 7-800 although if a sound bar is necessary, we skip to the bottom of that budget. I am looking for either 49" or 55"

Because of the viewing angle, I was contemplating increasing the budget slightly for an OLEd and note that the LG C7 can be got for less than 1k? Is this recommended? Is it worth increasing the budget or is something like the Samsung nu8000 a decent enough set for budget(appreciate viewing angles and sound are not great)

Any advice and guidance gratefully received.

The LG 55C7 is a good deal under the £ 1.000.

It is a 2017 TV but has altough excellent blacks since it's a OLED. :)

Thanks for the note. Is the fact that the LG55C7 a 2017 model a bit of a negative or is this negated by the fact that it's OLED?

If the budget stretches, is a 2017 OLED a better option than say a more recent Samsung nu8000 especially if wide viewing angles are required?

What would be the cons of a 2017 model?

What guarantee is offered on the C7? Is it new?

If you want both good viewing angles and good overall picture quality your best bet is getting an OLED. The LG B8 shouldn't be far from the C7 in price at around £1000.

If you cannot afford that, look at the LG SK8500/SK9500 or Panasonic FX750.

Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

Hi,

Thought I'd give an update. I went for the LGSk85. Unfortunately, within 30 days I have received the attached problem, which means that I will swiftly be returning the TV back to the store. Not happy at all.

Potentially a blessing as I found that when watching sports, the tv didn't pick up the motion of the ball particularly well. Does anyone have any recommendations for 55" which handles motion a bit better?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_181607.jpg
    IMG_20190419_181607.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
Hi,

Thought I'd give an update. I went for the LGSk85. Unfortunately, within 30 days I have received the attached problem, which means that I will swiftly be returning the TV back to the store. Not happy at all.

Potentially a blessing as I found that when watching sports, the tv didn't pick up the motion of the ball particularly well. Does anyone have any recommendations for 55" which handles motion a bit better?

Thanks
For your need of wide viewing angles I'd suggest the Panasonic FX750. Should be able to get one at a good price since the new GX800 is in the shops already.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom