mn92

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a new tv for my bedroom, currently have a 10yr old 32” Toshiba.

Looking at 43” but able to accommodate bigger, will be on a unit which will be purchased to suit (unsure of wall mounting due to rental property).
Budget around £300-400 trying not to go higher.
Smart TV mainly using Netflix, YouTube, USB content or laptop via HDMI.
Some gaming, but nothing major (Xbox 360 but looking into changing that for newer or maybe a wii switch).

I've been looking at Richer Sounds and Amazon Black Friday deals but I have no idea what’s best, tempted by Phillips 43PUS6754, but can’t find any reviews outside of Amazon and think I’m just being a moth drawn to the lights haha

Any help is greatly appreciated!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have you taken a look at Dodgexander 's excellent guide?

Should give you an idea of suitable options in your price and size bracket.

Sticking to a budget is important, but its definitely worth considering going larger if you can, since larger TVs are both better value for money and will show of higher quality sources to a higher standard...this is especially important in the future if you plan on taking advantage of higher quality sources more than you even do now.

Going for a 43" model will be an improvement compared to your old TV, but if you look at the prices it doesn't really cost that much extra to buy the Hisense B series at 55" or 50" than it does at 43".

Last edited:
Ok, not sure if I’m just stupid. I’m struggling to find the a series Hisense.
Are these the ones due for release soon with Roku built in?
All I see are B7100’s & B7500’s.

Definitely not against going bigger if it’s in budget and specs are good.
One thing I’ve read a couple of times against Hisense is the HDR not really punching due to the low NIT output.

Ok, not sure if I’m just stupid. I’m struggling to find the a series Hisense.
Are these the ones due for release soon with Roku built in?
All I see are B7100’s & B7500’s.

Definitely not against going bigger if it’s in budget and specs are good.
One thing I’ve read a couple of times against Hisense is the HDR not really punching due to the low NIT output.
My bad, I meant B series. Last year was A series. Sorry.

They are both in my best buy guide. But yes, B7100 is the base model and B7500 comes with dolby vision HDR support, important if you plan on using Netflix or UHD Blu-Rays.

HDR on all low end TVs isn't good enough, be the TVs made by Hisense or any manufacturer. In the guide you'll see the first TVs that come with good HDR are models costing quite a bit more and only models available at larger sizes (49") and up.

Ah cool. Any thoughts on the Hisense Roku R50B7120UK?

Although I’d have to drop to a 50” as the 55” is £100 more!!

Tempted on this for the better OS and audio out options, but can’t find anything about them elsewhere.

Ah cool. Any thoughts on the Hisense Roku R50B7120UK?

Although I’d have to drop to a 50” as the 55” is £100 more!!

Tempted on this for the better OS and audio out options, but can’t find anything about them elsewhere.
Same as the B7100 but with Roku OS instead of Vidaa. You pay £170 more than the B7100, gain Roku smart TV instead of Vidaa and lose an extra 4-5 year warranty shopping at Argos instead of other shops.

Roku OS is a lot better, just not sure its worth the extra considering.

Same as the B7100 but with Roku OS instead of Vidaa. You pay £170 more than the B7100, gain Roku smart TV instead of Vidaa and lose an extra 4-5 year warranty shopping at Argos instead of other shops.

Roku OS is a lot better, just not sure its worth the extra considering.

Ah thank you! I wasn’t sure which model it was closest to. Probably better off just buying the Hisense elsewhere for the better warranty and I’ll just grab a Roku later if I hate the os that much.

Ah thank you! I wasn’t sure which model it was closest to. Probably better off just buying the Hisense elsewhere for the better warranty and I’ll just grab a Roku later if I hate the os that much.
Or you can wait to buy, since the Hisense with Roku has only just been released its bound to be more expensive. TVs typically cost more when they are released. The B7100 when it was released retailed for £450 in July and dropped to £350 a month later.

Ok I’m really struggling again.
My OH really likes the Philips 50PUS6754 (managed to get the size up) I’m torn with the 55” B7500.

We have the UHD Netflix plan, so would having that make any difference?

I understand you don’t recommend Philips overall, but I’m not sure what to try and sell the Hisense B7500 on other than saving £ on the 50” or for the same price as the Philips getting an extra 5”.

I don’t know if panel lottery is an issue as tv is 2 foot max from the bottom of the bed so viewing angle is pretty straight on.

Ok I’m really struggling again.
My OH really likes the Philips 50PUS6754 (managed to get the size up) I’m torn with the 55” B7500.

We have the UHD Netflix plan, so would having that make any difference?

I understand you don’t recommend Philips overall, but I’m not sure what to try and sell the Hisense B7500 on other than saving £ on the 50” or for the same price as the Philips getting an extra 5”.

I don’t know if panel lottery is an issue as tv is 2 foot max from the bottom of the bed so viewing angle is pretty straight on.
The Hisense's main selling point compared to the Philips is that it comes with a wide colour gamut so when you use HDR shows on Netflix it can display those shows with more vivid colours.

Apart from that both the Hisense and the Philips will perform eerily similar with picture quality, so I'm not really sure why you'd want to go for a smaller TV.

There's no panel lottery with the 50" Philips models, they are all VA. Only other sizes.

Hey all,

I'm looking for a new tv for my bedroom, currently have a 10yr old 32” Toshiba.

Looking at 43” but able to accommodate bigger, will be on a unit which will be purchased to suit (unsure of wall mounting due to rental property).
Budget around £300-400 trying not to go higher.
Smart TV mainly using Netflix, YouTube, USB content or laptop via HDMI.
Some gaming, but nothing major (Xbox 360 but looking into changing that for newer or maybe a wii switch).

I've been looking at Richer Sounds and Amazon Black Friday deals but I have no idea what’s best, tempted by Phillips 43PUS6754, but can’t find any reviews outside of Amazon and think I’m just being a moth drawn to the lights haha

Any help is greatly appreciated!
In my views Samsung - 43" Class - LED - NU6900 Series is the best choice for bedroom wall.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Can anybody help me im in need of a tv 32inch rather a smart tv im on a fixed income so price is the deal braker can message me this is my first ask so bit unsure wot am doing Thank Q :lease::rotfl::facepalm::eek::hiya::confused::rolleyes::mad::censored::thumbsup:

Can anybody help me im in need of a tv 32inch rather a smart tv im on a fixed income so price is the deal braker can message me this is my first ask so bit unsure wot am doing Thank Q :lease::rotfl::facepalm::eek::hiya::confused::rolleyes::mad::censored::thumbsup:
Slim pickings at this size, just go for whichever branded TV from Samsung, LG, Hisense or TCL that is the cheapest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom