Best Tv for 360

tebbo65

Hi all,
considering buying a new 40/42" TV. Have original box (not hdmi but would upgrade to Elite). TV's considered....Sammy M Series....Pany TH42PZ70 or best to wait for Pioneer Kuro to drop ?????? Opinions please, TA

chrisdot

Standard Member
pioneer stuff is the dogs but ive just bought a 46" sharp lcd (aquos) and i must admit its fantastic full 1080p with 24hz compatability and the pic is fantastic. i run 360 with hdmi but i find 1080i better for games sometimes i even find 720p better for games like pes08.
I can highly reccomend this telly under a grand too!!

Slyboy

Depends on how much you want to spend. I have the Panny TH42PX70 plasma and it rocks with my 360.

Robsk1

Hi all,
considering buying a new 40/42" TV. Have original box (not hdmi but would upgrade to Elite). TV's considered....Sammy M Series....Pany TH42PZ70 or best to wait for Pioneer Kuro to drop ?????? Opinions please, TA

Just for games?? Get a 2nd hand Pio or Pan.

If you are going to use it for everything then get a PZ70 (IMO) if you can't afford a 8th Gen Pioneer. The Pioneer will take a while to drop in price but get one if you can afford it as it delivers the picture.

I compared the PZ70 and Pioneer 4280 and was happy to pay the extra as i do not want to buy another TV for some good time. The PZ70 was great but the Pioneer is something else.

But, if this is a game only TV just buy 2nd hand / sale plasma.

voltage

Cant compare it to anything but I have the Samsung LE40M86 and its brilliant.
1080p and 24hz and some really good prices in the shops at the moment.

jedial

I'm looking for a new 42 inch plasma too.

I've finally been kicked out of the living room, so I need one for the spare bedroom where I'll be allowed to use the 360 when ever I feel like it :clap:

Downstairs I have an old Hitachi 42PD3000, which Ive been very pleased with. I would put the new one downstairs and pinch the Hitachi for the bedroom but stupidly I plastered all the cables into the wall so it going to be too much hassle to get it off.

So I'm looking for a plasma just for the 360 for around 700quid. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have one of the newer Hitachi's like the P42T01?

Cheers,
Al

jedial

Mods - Can you move this into the 360 section? I don't think as many people look in the parent Microsoft Gaming section.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom