• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best TV for 300-400 euro

mekker

Novice Member
Two weeks ago I had found the Hisense 50B7100 for only 330 euro but I waited too long to buy it which I seriously regret. The recommended 43" and 50" models by Dodgexander are also getting hard to find. Anyone has a recommendation for a 43" or 50" for 300-400 euro. Can't really stretch my budget as I am still a student.

Edit: I'm from Belgium

Dodgexander

Would really depend on local availability and pricing. If the price trends are similar to the UK where 2020 stock is currently very expensive after just being released it will be hard to find something at all with your budget.

Hisense models tend to be the least overpriced for this time of year, their A series replaces the B series, so you will probably find those for sale in the usual places instead of the B series now.

Each TV comes in a series, so last years B series had model numbers like B7100, B7120, B7300 and B7500 all more or less the same TV, and maybe also with small differences in model numbers depending on the region. When searching look for all variations, not just B7100.

The same is true for the A series which replaces them. Models come like A7100, A7400 etc. You can check your regional version of Hisense's website to check exactly what's for sale in your locality.

mekker

Novice Member
Thx for the response. Any idea if there are differences between the BE and AE models?

edit: between A, B and BE, AE models

Last edited:

Dodgexander

If they are in the same series they will have the same picture quality.

The things I know about are B7500 in the 2019 B series is the only one to come with a wide colour gamut. It lets you enjoy more colours when using HDR.

In the 2020 A series its now the AE7400 and A7500 that come with the wide colour gamut.

Other than that though I see no difference, may be one or to cosmetic or aesthetic differences, or slight software changes. There marketting for the AE7400 shows it has 'sport' mode which is probably something you want to turn off, while the A7500 has game mode..but I think all these TVs will have a game mode.

But really, you're safe to treat each TV within the series as identical.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom