Best TV For £1000.00?

New Bloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm away to spend £1000.00 of my hard earned cash and really need your help on which one to buy.

I'm looking for anything between 28" - 32" (don't think I would get a good 36").

Not too bothered about DD 5.1 or DTS, I don't have any Home Cinema system but I will think about it.

Some people have suggested the following:

Toshiba ZP18Q
Toshiba Strada
Panny PB50

Please help:rolleyes:

For all it's faults i would still consider an FQ75. Though do a search and tread carefully. Be quick though as stocks appear to be dwindling. Good luck.

tosh strata 32" from unbeatable or jvc av32l5 at prcdirect

I've had the 28" Panny PB50 (three actually) & have given up because of poor geometry, but I've just (1 day) had a new 32" PB50, on which the geometry is pretty much spot on. This tv has a really good sound system (IMHO) on its own, & is available from Empire Direct for £999 inc VAT.

I have been looking at articles for the 9617 Philips. It looks good too!

My brain is going to explode!!!:( :( :(

It doesn't matter what TV I pick, there is always someone who has had some bad experience with PB50, 9617 ZP18, Boo Hoo!

Well I can vouch for the 9617... you'd be hard pressed to find it for under a grand though (32" version). A huge number of my posts relate to this set so a search should bring up quite a chunk of info! :)

I've seen the 28" 9617 for £829 + stand for £90 from anythingdirect.com, & they say they have them in stock - I don't know what they're like, I posted a question asking if anyone had any experience of them, but got no replies. You could always use them to get a price match.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom