1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best tunes to play guitar to

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Cheese Police, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there play guitar? If so, what are your favourite records to jam along to? There are so many good ones, but after 5 minutes' thought here are my top 6 (albums or singles):

Jesus and Mary Chain - Reverence
    The Black Crowes - Remedy
    B.B. King - The thrill is gone
    U2 - Until the end of the world (and most of Achtung Baby)
    Stereolab - Switched on
    Sonic Youth - Kool thing (and the rest of Goo)

Bit High Fidelity, I know, but I'm curious...

2. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My fave song to play ever has got to be Love is the Law by The Seahorses.

Others I tend to play a lot....
    Black Dog - Led Zep
    Welcome to the Jungle - GnR (nice easy solo - can't keep up with Slash normally)
    All of The Bends - Radiohead
    Just Lookin' - The Charlatans
    Pearl Jam - Alive, Yellow Leadbetter, Animal, State of Love and Trust, In Hiding to name but a few
    Stone Roses - Waterfall, Resurrection, She bangs the drums, Love Spreads.

What do you play? I'm using a Gibson LP Studio at the minute, through a Fender Deluxe amp - used to have a Fender Twin but I sold it for £200 at university cos I needed the cash...:suicide:

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Anything off Nirvana's unplugged album, Everlong by the Foos, lots of Bowies older stuff and many more, I dont really have favourites although I like The Meat Puppets most of all.

4. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a black 1988 US Telecaster, and I'm borrowing my brother's Fender amp (not sure of the model, quite big, good reverb and chorus, maybe 85wx2?). There are very few solos I can play along to though (unless they're on one string!) as I'm more of a rhythm guitarist, and fiddle about with the standard major/minor/pentatonic scales. Playing heavier music hides my technical flaws (double-bends aplenty).

Karkus - yeah Everlong is brilliant for jamming to, very heroic (what my wife calls nipples-out music)

5. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +806
    My brother playing Frank Zappa's "Watermelon in easter hay"

the original isnt bad either.

mij

6. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My current favourites are: anything by OASIS:rolleyes: :D , The Beatles, Jam/Weller, Led Zepplin, Ocean Colour Scene, QOTSA, The White Stripes and Nirvana. IMO Oasis are the easiest to play along to.

Current Gear: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Noel Gallagher Union Jack Epinova:D & Epiphone AJ 15E

Regards,

7. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Oasis are accessible and easy to play along to. About 6 or 7 years ago I was in a band where we covered Supersonic - a very cool song with great chords and good lyrics. Only got into QOTSA about a month ago (missed that boat!), but have to admit that Go With The Flow has become one of my favourite songs to play loud. Three chord genius.