Question Best True Wireless earphones (At different price points)

SimonB91

Hi all,

I was hoping to get your views on the best ‘True Wireless’ earphones at different price points and whether the increase in cost justifies the benefits received.

I have spent a lot of time looking and the announcement of the Apple AirPod Pro’s has encouraged me to ask you all the question. My listening will mainly be music, with the occasional podcast and phone calls probably once or twice a week.

Currently I have a pair of Xiaomi Airdots - which for the price (£20) do the job, although now I know I will use them more, I am looking to invest in a new pair. I have had a few dropout issues with the Airdots. Listening is via my iPhone & iPad (Work will only allow access to their systems via Apple devices).

In conclusion, what would peoples recommendations be in these rough price brackets? I have included some brief examples below but would value your experiences/thoughts too.

Up to £50 - Xiaomi Airdots or Airdot Pro’s?
£50 - £100 - Anker Liberty?
£100 - £200 - Galaxy Buds, AirPod’s?
£200+ - Sony WF-1000XM3 or AirPod Pro’s?

Steven

Senior Moderator
There are lots of different criteria to judge this category by but your post appears to reduce it is 'connectivity' or 'no dropouts' only as the definition of "best"?

It may help to know if you use older or newer i devices because the airpod Pro are BT5 and probably has the Apple to Apple thing going for it but ultimately it is a newly announced product so nobody has heard it yet

lowmans100

I bought Jabra 65t from Amazon Marketplace which were great and also bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum TW from Sennheiser's outlet store for about twice the price of the Jabra's.

The Sennheiser's were definitely not twice as good as the Jabra's and the Jabra's had better touch control, better battery life, less bulky charging case and better phone app, BUT, after hearing the Sennheiser's I couldn't bring myself to return them so the Jabra's went back.

Had I not got the Sennheiser's at the outlet price I would have been more than satisfied with the Jabra's.

SimonB91

I suppose I am interested in whether connectivity issues are similar across the price ranges.

After that it is sound quality though, against price. If I can get 90% perfect for £100, I can’t see myself spending £200 for an extra 5%?

I will be using an iPhone 7+ & iPad Pro 2018.

Mixture of different music genres too.

lowmans100

I haven't had any connection issues with either the Jabra's or Sennheiser's, or even the Chinese Ruicer branded buds I had before these (charger on these failed).

The problem with sound quality is when you experience something better, you are always aware that what you have is not as good, it is also subjective which is why there are so many choices out there.

SimonB91

I haven't had any connection issues with either the Jabra's or Sennheiser's, or even the Chinese Ruicer branded buds I had before these (charger on these failed).

The problem with sound quality is when you experience something better, you are always aware that what you have is not as good, it is also subjective which is why there are so many choices out there.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I know what you mean RE: Sound Quality and also being subjective. Hence the different price brackets I suppose. As I said before, I am looking for the ‘out of the box’ 90% as against the slight improvements etc.

Steven

Senior Moderator
You may wish to read the popular lypertek thread in this forum section. Sound quality is relative according to expectations, personal experience and perception. The small dimensions and current tech means SQ expectations of true wireless sets should be adjusted accordingly.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom