Best tripod for £50?

morleymackam

Novice Member
Looking for something portable to allow me to carry it around a fair bit. What's the opinions on the velbon luxi? Alternatively, the portable manfrottos?

Shimrod

I have a manfrotto 390 which is very stable, but it is also quite heavy. It depends on how much lugging around of the tripod you are planning on doing. I also have a hama tripod (no model number visible) which cost around £30. It can be packed in my rucksack for holidays (but also comes with an 'over the shoulder' carry case). Whilst it is not quite as stable as the manfrotto, it's lightness and portability mean that I use that tripod around 90% of the time.

leaky5

Novice Member
I bought this from the same Ebay seller and for the money it is OK.
The plate which the camera fits to is on a hinge to move between landscape and portrait. When in landscape, there is a noticeable amount of flex in the plate and camera really needs to be on a timer or remote.
Took some moon shots with a Sigma 70-300 on timer and they came out clear.

Shimrod

That looks more or less the same Hama tripod that I have - steady enough except in strong winds with a canon eos 400d and sigma 70-200 F2.8

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom