1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best transfer

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eel, Mar 27, 2002.

1. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had any problems with Terminator 2 on region 2 DVD.
    I was under the impression that the disc was superb picture quality but it suffers from blocking and the background in some darker scenes breaks up and becomes quite noticeable. I have watched other discs in my collection to see if it might be a problem with my player but they all look superb. I have cleaned the disc as well. this is very confusing as i read that the picture was clean of artefacts and looks superb. This is simply not the case when i watch this movie. please help!!!

I recently bought the region 2 version of Cape Fear (1991). Although the picture quality overall is very good, i noticed some strange artifacts in several scenes. The most obvious is the scene when Juliette Lewis character is on her way to the drama hall in the school. As she aproaches the door she starts hopping but the scene looks like it has missed a frame. Her movement looks unnatural. I have spoken to someone else who also noticed this problem, so it is not my player or a scratched DVD.
    Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I recently bought the region 2 version of Seven (the latest) after reading rave reviews in many magazines including Total DVD, however, on viewing i noticed that the backgrounds seem to break up a lot and suffer from pixelation for the majority of the movie. This puzzled me, as i read that the picture quality was superb with no real artifacts. i have a Sonys735d and only have problems with two other discs (out of around 60). i have already received a replacement copy but the exact same problem remains. I have tried a lens cleaner but this also has no effect. anyone have any comments on this please?

---

This was originally posted as three different threads - I have edited them into one.

Lex.

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    All 3 of yr posts could of been under the one heading!

Anyway wat are you viewing your dvd's on because I have the same player and watch on a 41" RPTV and dont have any of your problems.

3. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JSW

sorry about that, i thought each topic had to be seperate.

I watch my movies on a DVP S735D and a Philips 28 inch widescreen tv

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Have you tried the discs in someone elses player?

If the discs are deffinately ok I would get your player checked.
    Also check yr scart is connected properly and not come loose (assuming yr using scart)

Lens cleaners dont really do a lot and i've never used one.

But it does seem you have an issue with yr players reading and or decoding ability. (assuming that discs are ok)

5. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that

6. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    My brother has got the same player as you, I've just watched 7, and T2 on a 32 inch sony TV, no probs this end, I havn't got cape fear so I can't comment about that.