Best Towers (New or Used) for under 2K that have very good bass

Ant77

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pasting from another thread before deciding to create a new thread for this.

For here, what I would love to know from you is what floorstanding speakers in the 1 to 2 grand range would you recommend as very very good for bass but overall just very good tower speakers? Let's say amp, room etc don't come into question,what are just very good towers with very good bass like even without a subwoofer and overall good performance all round in that price range?
I'm not an audiophile I think it's safe to say now, also I don't listen to music with graphs and charts. I think I have now also given up on buying anything more expensive than this range as I think I will not benefit from them. Your thoughts please? And thanks in advance

Last edited:
Lol, can you edit @Conrad. the part away where i`m mentioned so people don´t think this is just for me. This is for other members to answer, i already sent PM to Ant77. As he can buy from EU the models are same in Spain/UK roughly. I`m not music listener much these days either so other members probably have lot more knowledge/opinions on this. Especially as we have lot of members who love big floorstanders.

Lol, can you edit @Conrad. the part away where i`m mentioned so people don´t think this is just for me. This is for other members to answer, i already sent PM to Ant77. As he can buy from EU the models are same in Spain/UK roughly. I`m not music listener much these days either so other members probably have lot more knowledge/opinions on this. Especially as we have lot of members who love big floorstanders.

I'll leave that for @Ant77 to do!

Have a look at GoldenEar as a range, i have them in my personal cinema / living room and they are great for subtle movie bass and excellent musical performance.

They have bass radiators in the bottom of the cabinets and the upper models are active for even better performance.

Have a look at GoldenEar as a range, i have them in my personal cinema / living room and they are great for subtle movie bass and excellent musical performance.

They have bass radiators in the bottom of the cabinets and the upper models are active for even better performance.
Thanks. While I have heard of these, I don't know anything about how they perform. I take it they're available in Europe then. I'll see what I can find about their range, performance, prices etc

Yes, they have been available in Europe and the UK for a while, but relatively unknown and under represented.

They are actually one of the reasons for starting AmericanAudioCo, i think they are amazing, perform well and have a very high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)

Have a look at our site as well as their own site, their site is due for an update this year, but it will give you the info you need.

Yes, they have been available in Europe and the UK for a while, but relatively unknown and under represented.

They are actually one of the reasons for starting AmericanAudioCo, i think they are amazing, perform well and have a very high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)

Have a look at our site as well as their own site, their site is due for an update this year, but it will give you the info you need.

WAF:laugh:
Many thanks. Will have a read.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom