• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best tough and waterproof camera

craig1912

Banned
Have two beach/ watersports holidays this year and am looking for a waterproof compact.

Like the look of the Olympus TG-2 and this is at the top of my budget. Anyone any experience of this or any alternatives?

Cheers

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

F-Stop

I always take a waterproof camera on holiday along with whatever 'normal' camera I've got a the time. I've used a Canon D100 and currently have a Panasonic FT2. The Canon gave excellent picture quality but was an odd (bulky) shape. For this reason I sold it and bought the ft2 which I've also been very impressed with again both in and out of the water. Newer versions of both these cameras are available and I would suggest you take a look at either as they may well fit your requirements.

HTH's

Andy

craig1912

Banned
F-Stop said:
I always take a waterproof camera on holiday along with whatever 'normal' camera I've got a the time. I've used a Canon D100 and currently have a Panasonic FT2. The Canon gave excellent picture quality but was an odd (bulky) shape. For this reason I sold it and bought the ft2 which I've also been very impressed with again both in and out of the water. Newer versions of both these cameras are available and I would suggest you take a look at either as they may well fit your requirements.

HTH's

Andy

Thanks for the responses I'm probably going to o with Olympus TG2 or Canon D20

Prize78

craig1912 said:
Thanks for the responses I'm probably going to o with Olympus TG2 or Canon D20

I have a Canon D20 and took it with me to my recent holiday in Australia. It performed very well indeed and was getting thrown about all the time. The main purpose for me, was to use it in the sea and swimming pool, and in my opinion it performed brilliantly. Takes a good video too. Recommended.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom