Best Toshiba 340 deal

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by giger, Jan 28, 2005.

1. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As per title, just come to buy from play.com and they no longer sell it! Found some good prices but looking to match £69.99 multi-region, free monsters inc and free delivery.

Anyone recomend somewhere? There is no Richer Sounds by me so that's out. Called my local Seven Oaks who refused to stock as they don't think the picture quality is good enough for the gear they sell! Interestingly the stock both the Yamaha and Pioneer that Raze did is the head-to-head (debate ensued with Seven Oaks staff but that's another matter)

TIA

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    They are back at the Toshiba uk web site £69.99 and it says free delivery, mine was made MR by the remote which I thought was impossible but it works fine. No mention of M.I. DVD though.

3. Raze

Raze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    to multi regio the 340e:

open disk drawer
    then with the remote press:

then press the enter button (on remote) untill is says region 9
    then press the power off button.

I guess they dont stock the 340e cos they dont make as much money on it! As Ido has said tho they are back in stock on Toshibas own site :)

4. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading Razes review on the relative DVD players I am definately going to get the Tosh 340e on monday from Richer sounds for, I think, 69.99, I hope, but do you know what is the best component cables to get for under £50 please???

5. Raze

Raze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think you will be very surprised with the performance of the Hitachi Oxygen Free Goldplated ones from Argos at £7.99 they looked alot better than the £10 JVC ones from Currys (which are not oxygen free btw). You can always buy them from argos, test them and take them back if u dont like them! :)

I've got the 340e running in the background and after tweaking the TV levels am extremely pleased with it. The picture quality is amazing considering the unit is only £69 (from RIcher Sounds) that also comes with Monsters Inc, which if u flog for a tenner means the 340 was on £59 - bargain!

6. Sheltie

Sheltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the 340 from the Toshiba website and it did indeed come with the Monsters Inc dvd.

7. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can buy mosters inc. from richersounds for £2.99 according to there website!

8. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cheers for thge replies guys, i'll check it out. I was going to settle for the Tosh 340 until a better player comes out for my Tosh PF3 TV.

However, i've now decided to hell with it, I wanna get the best sub £200 DVD player poss for my tv. Raze, would you still put the 340 in the running for this? In your monster head to head someone mentioned how good the panny s97 was, i'll have a read thru the thread that is running in here and see.

Got my component cables here ready to go (just no DVD player to plug them into!)

G

9. Raze

Raze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've not seen the s97 myself Giger - but from what Barzo said it sounds excellent. However the cheapest you'll get it for is £199 plus pnp. It might be wise to get the 340e for now at £69 and wait a few months as most manufacturers tend to bring out their new models mid-year. Thats my plan anyway!

If u do want the best right now tho, order the s97 via mail order and get the 575 and 340 from Richer Sounds, asking them if it would b ok to bring one/them back if they are not suitible and test all three and see which one you prefer :)