Best Top Up TV PVR?

Johnniafx

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a Thomson box supplied bt TUTV and they are rubbish as widely known:confused:.
I'm on my 2nd and decided to buy my own but unsure what to buy. Which of the TUTV compatible boxes are the best. I want it to be quiet (in my bedroom) & able to pause & rewind live tv. Most of the other features im not that bothered as i just want one with a good build thats reliable.
Also anyone have a list of PVR's that have a CI slot that i can use to put my TUTV card with as i subscribe to ESPN.
Thx

Many PVRs that will rewind live TV have loud fans, something to bear in mind as you'll be using it in your bedroom. Ones I know of that don't are the Vestels, but with those you have to pause and build up a recording before you can rewind, they don't keep recording a buffer all the time - one reason for not needing a fan, I think (am no expert on that sort of thing).

I haven't seen a good review of a TUTV model, but I'm not looking for one - there may be one out there :rolleyes:

clemenzina

Topfield 5800 has no fan and a CI slot, but I can't tell you any more than that as I have no interest in subscription TV and so have not researched it.

To receive TopUpTV you have to have one of the specially made PVRs with their software (whatever it's called) - any old card slot PVR won't "do" any more :( And I just haven't come across any that are recommended, I've only read about problems.

I think that other PVRs with CI slots can be used with ESPN (I think that's the right initials for the sports broadcaster that took over from Setanta).

clemenzina

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom