Best top end display circa £3000+

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by shuggy, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sadly my beloved loewe speros 37 has died and gone to HD heaven. The nice insurance man is prepared to recompence me to its replacement value of £3900 so I have to spend it or lose it. My lounge best suits a 37 or just might take a 40 inch LCD. (Using the 3 to 1 rule)
    Dilemna do I swap it for the new Loewe sheros - (current plan) or do i go for another top end, preferably black 1080p alternative. This has all happened in a hurry so i dont have time to do my normal research. Advice would be gladly sought.:devil:

2. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,350
  3. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the advice. went to see the x series sony today but it just isnt as impressive a piece of furniture design though the picture looked impeccable. Keep any suggestions coming
    Thanks

4. 1Bean

1Bean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does it have to been a LCD because if you can squeeze "42 in you can get the TH42PZ700 plasma which is full HD and all black

5. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    looks very nice i will review at the weekend

6. 1Bean

1Bean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok don’t mistake it for the Panasonic TH42PX700 or Panasonic TH42PX70 they are only 720p, however unless you are in a rush I don’t think the Panasonic TH42PZ700 is going to be released till June. As for a Full HD LCD I think the Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 is the best around and is black. Although from your budget if possible try and go as big as possible, I am sure you can manage upto 60” with that amount :smashin:

7. Tek70

Tek70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Shuggy - go and audition the new Loewe Individual Compose 46" thas 1080p and very very impressive ! - go on you know you want to ! ! :devil:

8. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I saw the compose in peter horns shop bremen last month its stunning. however she who must be obeyed has rebelled and so i have ordered the new model spheros at 37 inches- The sacrifices us guys have to make for our loved ones:rolleyes:

9. Tek70

Tek70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I know - my lovely better half however really likes the Spheros but so long as I have the funds will 'allow' the Compose 46 !! - looks like the overtime is going to go to good use soon!!

I've got to buy a couple of watches first - still the same price as the Compose though :eek:

May also decide on an amp and speakers to go with it. I like the B&W XT range to match the looks but any help on an av amp would be great.

10. tdifr

tdifr
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    why dont you just take the cash , from the insurance. why waste £3900 on something than will be out of date come the end of the year ?

11. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Excellent point and well made. But i am afraid I have decided to have no design compromises in my living room. Therefore I must have something that performs well as a piece of static furniture. I , and I realise this is subjective, think the loewe achieves this as do the red dot adesign awards, and numerous magazines use it for its background shots. This is why I guess.