1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best to edit DVDs on PC or Recorder ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DJW, Sep 29, 2003.

1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm new to the stand alone DVD recorders, but have owned a PC DVD burner for 6 months now.

My query is, I want to compile episodes of kids pgms for the little one, without all the adverts etc. at each end. I want to use the timer function, so realise I will have to go back & edit the original disc to "clean up".

Is this possible on the standalone m/c's , or is it best to get one that writes DVD-RW & do the editing on the PC & re-write DVD ?

I'm keen to keep the price as low as possible, so H/Ds are out. I get the feeling I'm answering this myself, but just wanted to check there was no new technology I've missed out there ;)

Also can't see any reviews on the Musteks I see on EBAY @ approx £250...anybody any links ?

Thanks in advance

Dave.

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    The sort of editing you want to do is much quicker and simpler on a set top box than on a PC. If you don't want a hard disc, you will need to record onto RAM, -RW or +RW. I only have experience of the first, but by all accounts RAM discs are the best and easiest for editing.

The Panasonic E50 would be my recommendation, but not sure how much they cost.

3. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They're about £250 from Richer Sounds I think.

4. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys