Best time to hand out flyers door to door???

sidechained

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just started my own AV Smart Homes business and have flyers printed up ready to be distributed door to door in the local area.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this and when is the best time of the week to do the drop off to get maximum impact? (If there is even a good time)

Apologies if this seems a bit random

Hi,

I've just started my own AV Smart Homes business and have flyers printed up ready to be distributed door to door in the local area.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this and when is the best time of the week to do the drop off to get maximum impact? (If there is even a good time)

From someone that really hates flyers and is on a thing list to not receive them I would suggest Saturday mornings when I sometimes put the Glock down and read the flyers before launching them.

In all seriousness, about the same time the postie comes.

Does it really matter? Just put them through the letter box. They will either be read or chucked in the bin regardless of the time.

Wait until recycling collection day and wait for the empty bins, you then have at least a week before it's picked up. Sure it will probably be in the bin all week but you could get lucky and it gets left on the side.
For the true hard core flyer droppers, you could leave on peoples car windscreens, wet weather helps with the impact of this and I'm sure you'll get at least one call :smashin:

Does anyone actually gets encouraged by a flyer? Especially for a product like a “AV Smart Homes”. Maybe it’s me, but unless it’s a local Taxi firm or takeaway menu it’s just a nuisance and goes straight in the bin.

What are AV Smart Homes anyway?

Afraid they just end up in the bin no matter what time they are delivered here.

Target your audience.
If you want pizza or a kebab, then you are most likely to look near your front door for a flyer.
If you are looking at spending thousands on high tech equipment that needs professional set up, you are most likely to look on line for several weeks deciding what you want, perhaps joining a forum (this one, naturally) and then contact a company from that. Not from a flyer.

I see you have already had flyers printed. Shame, you may have been better using the money on adverts on here, on local radio, newspaper etc.

I have posted flyers in the past when I first started up and did get a small response from them but I am a roofer. Everyone has a roof. For your business it will most likely be a total waste of time. You’d be far better spending your time building your online presence instead of trudging round the streets posting flyers.

Assume you're just sticking them through the door rather than ringing the bell to try and have a conversation?

The area will have some impact but if you were around our way then any time between 8am and 6pm is all going to be seen when the person comes home from work and so anywhere between that makes no difference.

If you went for evenings then there is more chance of it not just being one of a pile on the floor but more likely to get people annoyed, spook people, set off security lights etc (esp as the days get shorter)

I don't know what your proposition is but based on its name I'd question if flyering is a cost effective mechanism for you. What proportion of people are likely users of your services/ buyers of your products? Of those, how many are likely to be actively looking on the day you put it through their letterbox or open to consider something new? Does the socioeconomic status of the area match your target market?

Hi,

You would be better standing outside your local cinema waiting for the premier of a popular movie to finish and catching people as they come out. Straight away, you are getting closer to your target market as generally, people who are into 'AV' are also likely to visit the cinema. You might even get talking to a few potential customers too. Ie, how would you like something amazing to watch films on at home?

Maybe some popular concerts too, not teeny bop bands but something more in line with your market audience, Coldplay and the like. Door to door is a scattergun approach - AV is a much more limited market audience than people who are interested in half price grocery offers for example - so you need to target accordingly.

I never read any c**p that comes through the door like that. It gets picked up, walked into the kitchen and put in the bin.

There is a lot of money to be made from flyers, there really is. Just a pity that it's only the flyer printers that get that money

Follow Currys and John Lewis trucks around and deliver to the same houses they do.

There is a lot of money to be made from flyers, there really is. Just a pity that it's only the flyer printers that get that money

Those barstewards - they print flyers, the local firm delivers them, they go bust, a new company moves in, they need flyers, printer rubs their hands with glee

Hey totally random thought just popped into my head - how is @Desmo these days?

Hmm. I don't think the op's been back since.

He's obviously not taking this business very seriously :nono:
He might be out doing the drops ;)

I do wish the op every success though :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom